Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 4-8-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: FCA Lindsay is a member-owned farm cooperative in Lindsay, Nebraska. Our services include Energy, Agronomy, Feed, Grain and Hardware Store.
What you would be doing:
- Operating farm equipment for proper application of fertilizer and plant protection products.
- Properly handle and store all chemical containers.
- Perform necessary maintenance and repair on equipment.
- Assist as needed around the cooperative.
- Educate farm customers on products being applied to fields, techniques utilized, and how you can continue to support them with products and services.
- Assist the sales staff in ensuring orders are correct and customers’ needs are met.
- Perform warehouse work to including driving loader, forklift, mechanics, and maintenance.
- Lift & load up to 75lbs packages.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related heavy equipment operating experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Class A or B CDL or willing to obtain
A little about the business: Ruff Farms is a growing farm operation farming 4,000 acres of corn, soybeans, and wheat just south of Columbus, Ohio. We also have our own drainage and seeding business.
What you would be doing:
- Return calls and/or relay messages that come from toll free number or as requested
- Accurately enter accounts payable (AP) in QuickBooks
- Develop invoices and billing for customers as needed
- Keep accurate record of income, expenses and tax information
- Develop and prepare reports for monitoring and financial purposes
- Develop and follow a detailed record keeping/file management system
- Complete payroll for employees on a weekly basis prior to end of day on Friday
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend classes, workshops to receive necessary training on operating systems (QuickBooks, publisher, excel)
- 1-4 plus years of experience fulfilling a variety of office roles including handling AP
- 4-year degree preferred
- Proven ability to be extremely detailed and accurate on data entry
- Prior supervisory experience a plus, not required
- Proven ability to manage and effective office and partner with operations
- Agricultural/farm experience a plus, not required
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to be flexible and willingness to take on new tasks
A little about the business: We are the largest agricultural Cooperative in Colorado based in the heart of the Front Range. As a cooperative we are distinguished from our competitors by our excellence in customer service and our people, which we consider our greatest asset. Every dollar that is spent with the Cooperative doesn’t just go towards a product, it goes back to the community where you live, and comes back to you as patronage and equity. Every day our approach is to serve others and find a world of solutions beneficial to our members, customers and our company.
What you would be doing:
- Effectively and efficiently coordinate and direct all required daily functions of high-volume bulk propane and refined fuels delivery business units. These functions include processing orders, dispatching deliveries, pricing commodities, maintaining physical inventories, maintaining customer files, tracking company assets, scheduling equipment maintenance, managing delivery and support personnel, maintaining compliance records, tracking efficiencies, monitoring operational costs and assisting management in long range asset planning.
- Responsible for managing operational costs, inventory control, and maintaining established margin structures to ensure profitability across business units.
- Oversees energy delivery drivers by meeting with them on a regular group and individual basis with the goal of keeping them current with policies and programs, products and delivery efficiencies. To include random inspections and ride-alongs.
- Markets and sells Agfinity products and services. Continually looks for new growth opportunities and ventures.
- Works to ensure all vehicles are maintained in a professional appearance and safe manner; and documentations and current licensure for all vehicles and related equipment.
- Bring management experience in a relatable field where you were leading operations, logistics, supply chain, 3PL and/or scheduling
- Enjoy being a coaching manager, where you are focused on driver engagement; comfortable with ride-alongs
- Are comfortable working with CRM/scheduling/logistics software
A little about the business: Melon Acres is a three-generations deep, produce and grain operation in Oaktown, IN. We pride ourselves on being the leaders in cutting-edge practices; from being the first to use rye strips and plastic mulch to harvest crops to installing the first computerized asparagus sorter in eastern U.S., we continuously strive to be a progressive operation. We grow over 1,000 acres of produce and 1,500 acres of grain along with 3 acres of high tunnel greenhouses. We grow asparagus, cantaloupes, cucumbers, sweet corn, watermelon and more.
What you would be doing:
- Operate and maintain equipment as required for row crops and other vegetables
- Follow SOPs for each task assigned
- Assist with repairs and other field work
- Maintain / Service Equipment
- Assist in daily farm operations
- Help with installation and maintain drip irrigation systems and overhead pivots
- Minimum of 2 years of on farm experience
- CDL preferred but not required
- Great attitude is highly valued
- Must align with Melon Acres core values:
- Family, Quality, Teamwork, Courage, Achievement, Honesty, & Happiness
- Must be a self-motivated individual who is willing to learn
A little about the business: At Central Valley Ag, we take our mission seriously. Every single day we aspire to provide innovative solutions that yield a profit for you, our customers. The agricultural world is changing all around us, and we must look toward the future to continue to provide the best agronomy, energy, feed and grain products and services. CVA remains committed to being a leader in the cooperative world, and will continue to keep a financially strong balance sheet to ensure long-term success for our employees and customers.
What you would be doing: As a System Support Specialist at Central Valley Ag, you will be the primary on-site point of contact for end users and will coordinate with the Central Valley Ag Helpdesk and other IT staff to perform on-site configuration, installation, support and maintenance of computers, software, printers, peripherals, office equipment, communication systems and associated plant cabling. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all corporate owned PC related hardware, software and associated equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Must be proficient in workstation configuration, installation, troubleshooting and support in a Microsoft Windows 7 Active Directory environment. Familiarity with Apple iOS based products and systems required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, up through version 2013, including use, installation, configuration and troubleshooting required.
- Base technical knowledge of current versions of Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Office 365, VMWare and Hyper-V technologies required.
- Must have hands-on hardware experience including pc systems, switches, routers and cabling installation. Point to Point microwave experience preferred.
- Must be able to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.