Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 4-29-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
What you would be doing:
- Scheduling and operation of shifts which includes processing/production departments and for meeting department and company goals and standards on quality, yield, productivity, cost and safety.
- Responsible for the development and training of forepersons and employees working within the guidelines of the company policies.
- Providing quick and timely feedback to manager on all exceptions in regard to productivity, downtime, quality, yield, cost & safety.
- Monitor standards and indexes needed to control area of responsibility.
- Administer to ensure that safety orientations and safety meetings are held as required to keep frequency and severity to a minimum.
- Participates at department meetings in the planning processes and to the testing and development of techniques/processes.
- S. or B.A. in business management or equivalent work experience (5-10 years) in the food processing industry.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate verbally and in writing and must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Good mathematical background to be able to perform calculations on yield, productivity, time cards, reports, etc.
- Familiarity with Food Production techniques, with emphasis in ready-to-eat products. Able to evaluate supervisors/forepersons fairly and objectively; strong human resource skills.
A little about the business: At Ag Partners, our mission is simple: Help Producers Prosper. Whether that’s through tried and true agronomic advice, solutions and services, through our high-quality feed, or through our innovative risk management products for grain, every day, we’re working for you. We operate 16 facilities throughout Iowa. Our strong employee roster matches our commitment to service at each of these grain facilities, retail agronomy outlets, and feed mills.
What you would be doing:
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, according to Ag Partners’ Safety Policy.
- Lead and follow processes and procedures to ensure compliance with AG Partners’ and Federal/State regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, HACCP, EPA, SFSF, FSMA, CGMP.)
- Utilize good customer service skills at all times, when servicing and greeting customers, and when working with co-workers and other departments within the company.
- Listen to, resolve the more complicated/complex maintenance complaints and concerns, and assist employees in resolving customer complaints or requests. May consult with Location Leader and other supervisors on their product quality/standards and applications needed in their operation.
- Establish and communicate department goals for the maintenance team.
- Demonstrate work habits that develop, build, and support the team concept within the organization.
- Oversee the day-to-day workloads and assigns various job responsibilities or ensure scheduling takes place so production deadlines are met.
- Work in a safe & efficient manner according to Ag Partners safety policies.
- Job requires standing for most of the shift.
- Stooping, bending, climbing exposure to heights, exposure to heat and cold may also be involved.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. from the floor to minimum height of 36″.
- Work overtime as required.
- Ability to work in a dust-filled environment.
- Ability to wear a respirator where required.
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
What you would be doing:
- Maintain rail rates and rail rate databases to ensure accurate data and keep customers informed of changes.
- Monitor, analyze and modify rate information and distribute to internal stakeholders.
- Monitor and provide analysis of various rates and rate relationships to ensure market competitiveness to maximize value to CHS.
- Expedite requests for new rates and current rate analysis to ensure timely execution for customers.
- Rate daily shipments timely and accurately and communicate cost savings alternatives.
- Negotiate new rates and provide professional analysis of current rate structures as necessary.
- Suggest improvements to both in house systems and railroad systems for transfer and receiving of rates.
- Assist with rate analysis and rate negotiation related to business/marketing opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, math, transportation or similar business
- Several Class I railroad contacts established (BNSF, CP, UP)
- Experience with rail tariffs and rating of rail shipments
- Knowledge of grain, fertilizer and/or energy commodity and/or trading rules
- Knowledge of and Ship Express Software and SAP Transportation module
- Sequel and/or Python programming
A little about the business: Welcome to the world of AGCO. We are a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions. We work tirelessly to help make today’s farms more productive and more profitable. As the world of agriculture changes, so do we. Brazenly. We do it for the farmers. For the people working for them. For ourselves. For the future.
What you would be doing:
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders and also including: computer numerical control (CNC) equipment.
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, or engineering information to determine methods or sequences of operations needed to fabricate products.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous fabrication work experience is required, operating variety of machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders and also including: computer numerical control (CNC) equipment.
- At least 2 years of work-related experience, (working in a manufacturing / production work environment, or machine shop.)
- Able read and interpret work instructions, blue prints, manufacturing drawings or similar information.
- Must be able to write legibly and demonstrate good communication skills.
A little about the business: Peterson Farms located in Central Kentucky! We’re a diversified, family-owned and operated farm growing corn, soybeans, hemp and red winter wheat. We manage over 18,000 acres in nine counties with a majority of our production used in the bourbon whisky industry. Though Peterson Farms has adapted our business to the changes in the industry throughout the years, our foundation remains the same and our core values remain unchanged from many generations ago. Our team is passionate about agriculture, dedicated to working together and thrives with the changing demands of each season.
What you would be doing: We’re hiring for a full-time Assistant Controller at our Loretto, KY location. You will be assisting in day-to-day operations in a fast-paced company and preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems. The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will report to the controller.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes, adaptable to learning our general ledger program
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Proficient in MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize, and function in a fast-paced environment
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.