Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 4-22-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: The Plant Nutrient Group formulates, stores, and distributes nutrient, specialty, and industrial inputs and corncob based products through our strategically located facilities and extensive network. Our Delphi Retail Farm Center sells dry and liquid fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and many custom blends, as well as enhanced efficiency products.
What you would be doing: This position is accountable for mixing, hauling, spreading, and applying liquid and dry fertilizer and farm chemicals to provide accurate and timely custom application for customers; this may include non-farm applications.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 0-2 years’ relevant experience required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Commercial Applicator’s License a plus, not required
- Commercial Driver’s License a plus, not required
A little about the business: Evergreen Dairy is a medium-sized progressive dairy located in mid-Michigan. We’ve been in operation for 140 years and current owners are sixth generation farmers. Over the past 10 years, the farm has evolved from a pasture-based seasonal dairy to a progressive year-round operation milking 450 cows 3x daily in new and updated free-stall facilities. Young stock are housed in a new calf/heifer transition barn and are currently pastured seasonally.
What you would be doing:
- Manage all ages of cattle from newborn calves through lactating cows
- Managing and working with 10 full and part-time employees with an emphasis on the milking and herd health staff.
- Assisting with recruiting, training and reviewing performance of staff members.
- Some involvement with the 800-acre cropping enterprise but primarily through forage management, animal feeding, dry-matter sampling, etc.
- Rotational grazing management – no previous experience is necessary.
- Strong people skills and ability to work well with a team.
- Some Spanish language skill preferred but not required.
- Strong background in dairy science with experience in herd health protocols, nutrition and animal care procedures/training.
- Dairy science degree preferred and/or hands-on experience.
A little about the business: Welcome to Yost Farm! We’re a 5th generation farm in Murdock, MN – located 20 minutes NW of Willmar, MN. We farm 8,000 acres of corn, soybeans, alfalfa and edible beans. We pride ourselves for using sustainable farming practices to confront the challenges of feeding a hungry world. In addition to our farming focus, we are partners in a custom harvesting business, manage feed inputs for local dairies and run a trucking fleet.
What you would be doing:
- Manage day-to-day operations of farming activities, including budgets and P&Ls. Analyze historical data and interpret for decision making.
- Coordinate, prioritize and delegate work activities and projects and manage ongoing progress. Activities include planting, chemical/fertilizer application, harvesting, trucking and tillage.
- Provide input on equipment/technology purchases and repairs.
- Organize equipment and personnel decisions with farm-affiliated businesses.
- Make recommendations for farm staffing needs.
- Foster positive work environment and emphasize employee growth.
- Collaborate with leadership team on capital expenditures.
- 3+ years of management experience required – can be in any industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business or agriculture-related field of study
- Strong communication and team building skills
- A high level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Excellent time management skills
A little about the business: Everglades Farm Equipment a family-owned business that started in 1963 serving the agricultural industry around Lake Okeechobee and have grown to 12 locations covering South and Central Florida. We serve a wide range of customers from some of the largest agricultural producers of sugar, citrus and vegetables to individual farmers, nurseries, and commercial landscape management companies as well as large and small property owners.
What you would be doing:
- Receives visitors within the dealership
- Reviews purchase orders ensuring information is accurate and submits supporting paperwork to the Accounting Department
- Represents the company for the sale of machinery to customers in a defined sales area, inside the dealer
- Maintains current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the dealership
- Monitors competitive activity/products and timely communicates to management, accordingly
- Maintains all customer information in assigned territory for sales management
- 2+ years equipment sales experience
- Knowledge of agricultural or turf equipment and farming or operational practices preferred
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret basic sales reports
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Outgoing personality
- Self motivated
A little about the business: Krone North America (KNA) is a subsidiary of Krone, a global, 112-year old, family owned and operated corporation. Krone stands as the global leader in hay & forage technology with North American operations that began in 1973, KNA supports our customers through a network of independent dealers and company-owned stores across the US and Canada.
What you would be doing: Responsible for supporting dealers, customers and Krone personnel with resources, answers and information through verbal, written and electronic communication channels. This position specializes in parts technical issues and provides basic service support.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.