Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 4-15-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: We are first generation family farm producing a variety of fruits, vegetables, and flowers on 600 acres. We grow local produce for our CSA, farm markets, Pick Your Own and our fully stocked farm store. We are dedicated to providing high-quality homegrown local fruits and vegetables and memorable farm experiences. This is accomplished through a highly motivated employee team that is focused on customer service and the sustainable stewardship of God’s natural resources. Join a team of out-of-the-box thinkers constantly focused on growing our operation.
What you would be doing: We’re hiring for a full-time Assistant Farm Production Manager to be located in Chester, NJ. As a Farm Production Manager, you will manage all aspects of fruit, vegetable, and greenhouse production; including planting, irrigation, pest control, labor management, harvesting, and all additional aspects of farm crop production. You will be in an active management role that requires attention to detail. You will also be leading our packing house and cider mill operations. Given the broad variety of crops, our high Agri-tourism, and our large diversified team, we’re looking for a strong communicator and collaborator. This position reports to the Farm Production Manager.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in agriculture, horticulture, crop and soil sciences or related field or have equivalent experience
- Bring more than 5+ years of farming experience fruit and/or vegetable farming experience along with mechanical ability
- Willingness to work extended hours, up to 6 days a week (60+ hours) during peak seasons
- Willingness to obtain NJ Pesticide Applicator’s License
- CDL preferred, but not required
- Computer literacy
A little about the business: We’re a large family owned, and operated farm located in Northwest Kansas. We grow wheat, soybeans, corn and milo on over 10,000 acres of dry and irrigated ground. We take pride in the land we farm and enjoy seeing it through from start to finish. We value and support our employees along with their families and our community.
What you would be doing: We’re hiring for a full-time Farm Equipment Operator- Sprayer Applicator to join our ag operation in Colby, KS. In this role, you will be the main individual responsible for all activities surrounding our agronomy spray program. You will be blending chemicals, ensuring correct rates, operating the sprayer, maintaining spray records and ensuring accurate levels of chemical inventory. During the off-season, you will be performing light maintenance and assisting in all areas of the farm.
- Strong experience in agriculture operating heavy equipment; commercial and/or private sprayer applicator experience highly preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks while performing basic math.
- Strong personal motivation along with strong moral values and a commitment to the betterment of the operation.
- Ability to work extended hours during the busy season.
A little about the business: We’re a family owned, diversified farming operation growing Bermuda sod, hay and corn in Hendrix, OK. We are located about 90 miles north of Dallas, TX on the Red River. We’re committed to providing excellent service to each and every one of our customers in the Texoma region and beyond. We run a progressive agricultural operation and looking for someone that shares the passion we have for agriculture and in doing things the right way.
What you would be doing: We’re hiring for a full-time Farm Mechanic to join our team in Hendrix, OK. You will be performing maintenance along with troubleshooting repairs of our ag equipment and trucks both in the shop and out in the fields. To support a continuous effort in improving efficiency, you will be focused on developing and maintaining shop organization as well as disciplined project management. The ideal candidate would bring strong organizational and analytical skills along with positive energy.
- Hold an Associate’s or Technical School Certification in either diesel technology or agricultural equipment or have equivalent experience
- Bring more than 3 years of mechanical experience working on tractors, heavy equipment or diesel equipment
- Preferably have knowledge of hydraulics, electrical repair and basic welding/fabricating
- You are able to prioritize what’s important in the moment to balance projects and focused efforts
A little about the business: We are a full-service landscaping and lawn maintenance contractor with 10 years of experience in the industry. We pride ourselves on top notch customer service, and exceeding expectations. We are a company who strongly values the input of its team members in daily decision making. Your opinion will make a difference here.
What you would be doing:
- Managing job site safety.
- Loading proper tools and materials daily.
- Driving company truck (with trailer at times).
- Lead team members to efficiently and effectively execute work orders for each specific job. Ensuring quality of work at each site.
- Maintain a positive attitude even when things don’t go as planned; ability to devise plan to overcome issues that arise.
- Communicate in a professional manor with customers when and if needed.
We are looking for a motivated person to join our team and help us grow. We need a landscape foreman to run a crew of 2-3 members. (we also need team members as well) This is a hands-on role that requires delegation skills, effective communication and most importantly, attention to detail.
We do prefer some degree of experience; however, we are willing and able to train a person who has the desire and ability to learn quickly and be active in their own development.
A little about the business: Innovative Ag Services Co. is a full-service farm cooperative offering a complete line of supplies and services to meet all of your farm needs. We provide value-added products and services to over 5,000 members in the grain, agronomy, feed, energy and building supply markets. To better serve you, our 32 locations are conveniently located throughout northeast and central Iowa and southwest Wisconsin.
What you would be doing: Provide the leadership and management needed for growth and effective operations of the location for the benefit of IAS and its members as well as serve as a primary storage facility that supports other locations across the region.
- Knowledge of and experience in agricultural sales and retail management, including areas of feed, fertilizer, and grain.
- Mechanical aptitude including basic understanding of mechanical, hydraulics, and piping systems and knowledge of various machines and tools including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form.
- Ability to organize, deal with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Microsoft Office suite programs, including Word & Excel.
- AS400 computer operation
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.