Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 4-1-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: The Andersons originated and is still headquartered in Maumee, Ohio. More than 65 years later, we operate over 40 grain elevators in 8 states, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Texas with a total storage capacity of more than 150 million bushels. Our grain facilities accept corn, soybean, wheat, oats, and more commodities.
What you would be doing: We are currently hiring a Grain Operations Laborer for our location in Anselmo, NE. This position is responsible for performing operations tasks involving the receiving, storage, cleaning, packaging and shipping of grain.
- Perform at least six tasks in the operations area contributing to customer service, grain conditioning and general facility upkeep
- Operate various types of mobile equipment
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience required
A little about the business: H3 is a family-owned farming operation located in western, Nebraska. We are a diversified operation farming 9,500 acres of irrigated crops including corn, sugarbeets, dry edible beans, wheat and alfalfa. We also run a 4,500 head feedlot along with a 485 head cow/calf operation.
What you would be doing: We’re hiring for a full-time, year-round Center Pivot & Farm Operator in Bridgeport, NE. Your main responsibilities would be both managing and maintaining center pivot irrigation systems and supporting equipment (pumps, wells, injection pumps, etc.) over several counties. You would also be setting fertigation pumps and calculating necessary rates. Other tasks on the farm will vary depending on the season including operating farm equipment, trucking and equipment maintenance.
- Prior experience with irrigation systems OR experience electrical knowledge and repair
- Prior experience in farming, agriculture or on a ranch preferred, not required
- Ability to work extended hours especially during peak growing season
- Clean driving record and willingness to obtain a Class A CDL
A little about the business: Strnad Land & Cattle is a family owned, diversified operation farming 6,000 acres of wheat, milo, soybeans, corn and cotton while also raising 150 cow calf pairs of registered Charolais and commercial Red Angus. We pride ourselves on running an operation where everyone is treated like family. Join a team of hard working, honest, reliable and trustworthy individuals.
What you would be doing: We are hiring for a Farm Operatorin Wellington, KS to work in all areas of the farm from the crop side to the cattle. You would be assisting with planting, combining grains, running a grain cart, spraying, picking cotton and assisting with cattle. You would be operating equipment, driving truck and performing light repairs and maintenance.
- Have prior agriculture/farming and/or ranch experience and are comfortable operating heavy equipment
- Are a stickler for details and understanding how the choices made in the field influence the overall farm’s success for the year
- Have basic maintenance ability and willing to jump in to assist with repairs in the field
- Willingness to obtain a CDL
- Enjoy being around a progressive operation with a driven team
A little about the business: Welcome to BioWorks Inc! We’re a leader in providing environmentally responsible, safe, and effective biologically-based pest control and plant nutrition products for the horticulture, and specialty agriculture markets for more than 25 years. Together, with our team of experts, our customers are enhancing conventional programs as well as developing leading edge pest control and plant health programs.
What you would be doing: We are hiring a Customer Service Specialist who prepares correspondence, and fulfills customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction in a friendly and professional manner. Processes orders accurately and in a timely manner. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under supervision.
- Associates Degree, or equivalent experience, required
- 2-5 years of customer service experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with NetSuite desired
- Ability to prioritize and organize
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
A little about the business: Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow post-organic produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Fowler & Wells. Based in New York City, the company has raised $117M from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
What you would be doing: Bowery Farming is looking for a passionate and committed Senior Scientist to join the AgScience Team. The Senior Scientist will be responsible for developing a program of research that drives yield and quality improvements for current and future Bowery products. Bringing expertise in plant physiology, horticulture, the senior scientist will develop novel growth recipes that result in yield and quality gains as well as work to develop new cultivars for commercial production. Working closely with other Scientists and Farm Manager, the Senior Scientist will drive new scientific insights through rapid and iterative experimentation to create new value and market opportunities for Bowery.
- Sc or Ph.D in Horticulture, Plant Science, Plant Physiology or Controlled Environment Science (required)
- Plant physiology, horticultural or plant science experience
- Understanding of plant production systems in greenhouses, growth chambers, and plant tissue culture vessels
- Ability to work independently in a highly collaborative team environment
- Track record of impact from scientific research
- Curiosity and innovative use of technologies in plant science
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.