Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 3-4-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
What you would be doing: We are looking for a Grain Operations Manager to become a member of our experienced Grain Team. You will merchandise overall grain positions in accordance with company policy. As well as coordinate movement of grain, receiving, grading, loading, and storage among elevator facilities to maximize profitability and meet objectives of General Manager.
- Associate’s degree in an Agriculture related program
- 3 plus years of experience in grain merchandising and elevator operations
- Grain handling experience
A little about the business: Rod’s Tire & Service, Inc. located in central Kansas, is a full-service tire company providing quality service and expertise to automotive and agriculture customers. We’ve been in business for 20 years and we strive to build good relationships with our customers as we continue to grow.
What you would be doing: We’re hiring for a full-time Ag Tire Service Technician in Hillsboro, KS. You will be working both at our Hillsboro location as well as going on-site to our customers’ location to repair tires and wheels on tractors, combines, pivots and other farm-ag equipment. You will be installing, servicing and repairing ag tires and auto tires both light and diesel trucks. You need to be comfortable interacting with customers.
Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where the team shares an “all hands-on-deck” mentality. Average hours worked per week are around 50 hours, possibly more during peak times. Monday through Friday with rotating schedule for Saturdays.
- You have prior mechanical repair experience in agriculture, machinery, construction, military or relatable industries; specific tire repair not necessary as training is provided.
- You understand the urgency of our services to our customers whose operation is typically down or on hold until repairs are performed.
- You can work with minimal supervision and are flexible with changes.
- You are willing to learn, can adapt quickly, and excellent problem-solving ability.
- You have a valid driver’s license.
A little about the business: Envirocare Lawn & Landscape is a full-service landscape design, construction and maintenance company located in Perrysburg, Ohio. We have been in business for over 25 years offering landscape design, lawn maintenance and tree services, installations for irrigation, hardscapes, landscape and turf plus comprehensive snow and ice management services.
What you would be doing: We’re looking for Crew Leaders and General Laborers to ensure quality work is performed on-site for each customer. These are hands-on roles working with lawn equipment and tools. If you enjoy working outdoors, this is a great opportunity. While we prefer some technician experience, we are willing to train the right candidates.
- Experience preferred but not required in landscape and lawn care.
- Must work well in team environment
- Ability to lift 50-80 lbs, be on your feet most of the day, and work in various weather conditions
- Positive attitude and high attention to the details
A little about the business: Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers cooperative located in central and northeastern Nebraska. Established in 2003, CVA has 365 employees across our trade area that provides agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers.
What you would be doing: We are currently hiring a Recruiting Coordinator who can be located at our York, Ne or Beloit, KS location. As Recruiting Coordinator at Central Valley Ag, you will work closely with members of the human resources team to coordinate recruiting and hiring processes. In addition, you will assist in a wide range of other human resources duties including training, development and employee communications
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner and establish effective working relationships with internal operations and external customers.
- Must be able to multi-task and establish priorities to consistently meet internal and external deadlines.
- Must have good time management skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
A little about the business: Brian Vculek Farm is a large irrigated potato & grain farm located in SE North Dakota. We pride ourselves on having a great place to work; we use state of the art technology with a modern fleet of equipment & trucks. We have a new shop and grain facilities with great breakrooms which provide comfortable working conditions during the winter months.
What you would be doing: We’re hiring a full-time, year-round Farm Operator in Oakes, ND to operate ag equipment, drive truck, maintain equipment and perform other farm tasks. You will be assisting with field work such as tillage, planting, harvesting & spraying as well as working on light repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Have experience operating heavy equipment in either production farming or relatable fields such as construction or military
- Are mechanically inclined and can assist with basic maintenance and repairs on equipment
- Hold a clean driving record
- Are passionate about all aspects of farming and enjoy a variety of work
- Enjoy working independently & with a team
- Gain satisfaction from producing a high-quality crop
- Knowledge of precision ag equipment and sprayer applicator experience a plus, but not required
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.