Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 3-25-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Key Cooperative is a member-owned, rural Iowa cooperative serving agriculture producers. We are essential business partners through Agronomy, Energy, Feed & Grain. We have locations in 17 farming communities throughout the state of Iowa.
What you would be doing: We are currently hiring a Construction Services Carpenter – Mason to join our team in Sully, IA about 45 miles east of Des Moines. In this position you will construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard conforming to local building codes. Also smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks, or curbs to specified textures by performing the following duties.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) class A or B
A little about the business: On August 11, 1952, Fraley Implement Sales opened their doors in Rushville, Indiana. Owned by Jack and Edythe Fraley. Over the years, Jack had helped many people in Rush County and the surrounding communities. Many people have commented on how he bought their animal at the 4-H livestock auction, helped them start their own business, was active in his local church, and even put up his own finances as collateral to help their family keep their farm during the tough financial times of the 1980’s. At Fraley Implement were one of the few companies left who still carry on the family tradition of hard work, commitment, and value our employees.
What you would be doing:
- Completing diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds on engine products, hydraulic motors and systems, completing required documentation, such as work orders, warranty claims, time sheets, via hand written and or in a business platform.
- Service calls to remote locations using one of our newly equipped service trucks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Trade / Tech school certification or degree in Mechanics is preferred, but not required.
- One-year farm implement service experience preferred, but not required
- Other experience might include Diesel Mechanic, Vehicle Mechanic, Master Mechanic
- Ability to pass a back-ground check and drug screens
- Valid Indiana Driver’s license.
A little about the business: Sidhu & Sons Nursery is a nursery wholesaler and propagator with over 600 acres for growing premium quality plants in Mission, BC. We produce high-quality broadleaf evergreens, conifers, deciduous shrubs, trees and perennials, including blueberry plants for fruit production. All our plants are grown using the latest production methods on-site in our state-of-the-art tissue culture lab and propagation house.
What you would be doing:
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, outbound cold calls as well as researching accounts to identifying opportunities
- Maintain contact with all existing customers throughout the year to understand and meet their needs
- Provide content for marketing and social media campaigns
- Assist external sales staff
- Inventory – counting and entry.
- You have a passion for plants
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills on the phone and in person
- You are well-organized, multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiency
- You have excellent computer skills- including good knowledge of database management
- You have a degree in botany, horticulture, biology or related field
A little about the business: Snider Farms is located in Hart, Michigan. Just 10 miles off Lake Michigan, 30 minutes north of Muskegon, and 30 minutes south of Ludington. Snider Farms is a multi-generational family farm with an appetite for growth. From our history in dairy production, and an evolving swine operation that now raises pure bred grandparent stock for a newer innovative genetic company, to our recently expanded turkey operation, our roots for animal production run deep. Our turkey operation started in the early 90’s as contract growers, raising around 65,000 tom turkeys a year. With a large expansion in 2012 and another in 2017 our turkey operation is equipped with many new and great tools to produce excellent performing birds.
What you would be doing: Our goal with this position is to learn all the daily tasks and chores and as proficiencies are achieved be given new management task, with the end goal of overseeing all things turkey for our operation and managing the whole team. The whole management burden would not be the sole responsibility of this position from day one.
Although this position is for a working Turkey Manager, we do not believe poultry production experience is necessary, although it may be preferred. Similarly, a 4-year degree in animal science or likewise is not a requirement but could be an asset. If you are self-motivated, willing to learn, and ready to work this will be a very rewarding and pleasant place to be a part of for years to come.
A little about the business: Tri Ag Products is a leading Agriculture Retailer helping farmers prosper by providing. Join a growing agriculture team selling and servicing a full suite of Yield Enhancing Products, Seed, and Crop Protection Products.
What you would be doing: This self-motivated and charismatic individual will be responsible for growing sales and adding profitable revenue to Tri Ag Products using the Core Values of Trust, Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Growth.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in an Agronomy Related Field
- Sales Experience in an Agronomy Market
- Must be able to work on a variety of tasks with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Have a style of question-based selling by qualifying accounts
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.