Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 3-18-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers cooperative located in central and northeastern Nebraska. Established in 2003, CVA has 365 employees across our trade area that provides agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers.
What you would be doing: As an Agronomy Superintendent at Central Valley Ag, you will be responsible for managing all agronomy operations from their location. In addition, you will provide agronomy sales assistance to any location-based customer for services that include custom application, conventional soil sampling, zone sampling, seed treating, deliveries, variable rate technology and financing.
- Integrity and good judgment skills required in order to handle the confidential nature of duties, tasks and information.
- Excellent customer service and public relation skills required.
- Must have a high level of proficiency with the internet, email and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and effective negotiation skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents required.
- Must have the ability to develop content for customer/patron and prospect correspondence.
A little about the business: Welcome to Pecan Grove Farms and Nursery! We are a leading pecan grower with multiple farms across Texas operating 9,000 acres. We pride ourselves on our state-of-the-art agribusiness management as we strive and to be an industry leader catering to customers across the globe. We are growing rapidly and building our team of innovative thinkers. Join a team that is passionate about what we do and an industry that is booming!
What you would be doing: You would be responsible for quality repairs, preventative maintenance, parts inventory, organization and scheduling and will be working side-by-side with the Farm Manager on major projects for the fleet of agricultural equipment and trucks.
- Manage the maintenance and repair farm equipment, sprayers, shakers, harvesters and sweepers.
- Prioritize and schedule maintenance projects in coordination with harvest schedules.
- Execute maintenance on electric and diesel motors, irrigation systems, and hydraulic systems, variable speed drives and equipment fleet.
- Build and execute Standard Operating Procedures, maintenance plans and record keeping.
- Manage the shop and inventory and ordering of critical spare parts.
- Ensure workplace safety in a shop environment.
- Welding, fabricating, schematic and blueprint reading and calibrating equipment.
A little about the business: Key Cooperative is a member-owned, rural Iowa cooperative serving agriculture producers. We are essential business partners through Agronomy, Energy, Feed & Grain. We have locations in 17 farming communities throughout the state of Iowa.
What you would be doing:
- Manufacture feed according to ration, production schedule requirements and FDA and Key Cooperative production and sequencing requirements.
- Receive and record all bulk feed ingredients according to FDA and Key Cooperative Policy. Inform the site supervisor of any quality or quantity concerns.
- Retain samples of feed ingredients and finished feed according to FDA and Key Cooperative’s policy.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of three years commercial driving experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
A little about the business: Total Seed Production is a corn and soybean seed production facility located in Tipton, IN. We are currently looking for motivated individuals to work in our plant and farm operations.
What you would be doing: In this position you will be responsible for ensuring a quality product in a safe and efficient manner. We are growing and want people who are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be involved in agriculture. If you are looking for that out of the ordinary career opportunity where you can have a role in feeding the world then TSP is the place for you!
- Minimum of High School Diploma/GED
- Previous farm experience preferred
- Previous machine operation experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Basic mechanical/maintenance skills required
- Ability to work in the different seasons and a variety of weather conditions
- Variety in tasks and jobs
- Flexibility in hours with overtime available
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Adheres to and is committed to following all safety policies and practices
A little about the business: CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities.
We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees’ opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
What you would be doing: This position is responsible for supporting all HR related activities in the Pasco region under the guidance of site management and HR administration and serves as a primary communication conduit between the site and HR administration. Serving as an example for and coaching team members toward our core values is essential in this position.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Business, Human Resources or a related field
- 5+ years human resources experience
- Experience in agriculture is preferred
- Ability to support and maintain complete confidentiality with Human Resources matters and documents at all times.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with time and attendance and related payroll support
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.