Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 3-11-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Prospera is an AgData company transforming the way food is grown by fusing agronomy and machine learning. Sharing the intelligence between connected field devices, the pivot, and the integration of data science and machine learning allows you to detect and receive the critical information to deliver greater crop precision, resulting in greater returns while using fewer inputs and resources. Prospera was founded in 2014 and has since received many awards for their innovative technology, including Disrupt 100 Best AI Product in Ag (2017), CB Insights World Top 100 AI Companies (2017), Frost & Sullivan New Product Innovation Award (2018), and Thrive’s Top 50 AgTech Companies (2017, 2019).
What you would be doing: We’re hiring a Field Product Manager to join our team and serve partners, such as Valley Irrigation, throughout the Midwest. You will be based from a home office working closely with our dealer network across the Midwest to be their go-to resource assisting in closing deals, providing training, troubleshooting, delivering grower events and being the technical expert of our technology. You will be working with significant autonomy ensuring continued sales growth and positive customer relations within the region. Your mission will be to drive long-term relationships and value creation for growers. You will play a key role in an industry transformation by the world’s most advanced machine learning technologies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- A strong understanding of agriculture including center pivot irrigation and/or agricultural technology
- A passion for technology and being out in the field
- 3-5+ years relevant experience in a technical sales or support role in precision ag, GPS technology, ag systems, telemetry or related technology
A little about the business: At Tri-County Ag, we strive to be a leading retailer in agricultural products for both the local grower and consumer. Our team of market-leading agronomists are here to consult with our customers throughout the stages of the crop lifecycle. We partner with our customers as they plan and prepare for the growing season by means of mapping, scouting, soil and tissue sampling, and crop planning. Our retailers specialize in corn, soybean, chemicals, fertilizer, and custom application.
What you would be doing: The Custom Applicator is a multi-functional role that specializes in custom application, trucking/hauling, and operating heavy equipment. This role is also responsible for assisting with warehouse inventory and maintaining on-site equipment and overseeing operations in our state-of-the-art chemical storage and distribution facility.
Qualifications: A successful candidate will excel in customer service, project management, cost awareness, dependability, high quality work, attention to detail, safety and punctuality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2+ years of general labor, maintenance, or inventory management experience, preferably within a manufacturing or agribusiness company, or farm hand experience.
- Previous experience operating a forklift and/or PIT (Powered Industrial Truck) training and certification is preferred.
- Previous experience operating agricultural equipment is required.
A little about the business: Buchan Logging, provides landowners the confidence their woods will be managed with care and extra focus on proper woodlot handling and sustainable management. We provide logging services throughout Indiana and Ohio with a sawmill based in New Haven, Indiana. In addition to logging and a sawmill, the Buchan family has their own grain farm and runs Farmers Grain & Ag, LLC, a grain elevator and fertilizer provider in Willshire, OH.
What you would be doing: We are looking for a full-time Timber Cutter for our logging operation in New Haven, Indiana. As a Timber Cutter, you will perform a variety of logging operations including timber cutting, skidder operating, log bucking, loader operation, and general maintenance of machinery. You will be working in a safety-first environment where focusing on the details and careful operation of equipment is critical.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Hands-on farm, farm operator and/or forestry work experience is preferred
- Possession of Class A CDL or willingness and ability to obtain preferred; willing to train.
- Experience in construction work, farm work, and mechanical repair work, such as basic chain saw and tree felling skills
- The ability to use power equipment and tractors is required
- The ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and temperatures
- The ability to lift up to 45-50 pounds and be able to climb, bend, kneel and work on feet throughout the day
- The ability to work in a smaller 2-4 person team.
- A solid work ethic and a good reputation for attendance/punctuality
A little about the business: Dawson Tire & Wheel is North America’s premier supplier of wheels and assemblies for the agriculture industry including application on center pivots, tractors, grain carts, sprayers, combines, forage harvesters and more. We’re family-owned and developed this company over twenty years ago out of strong need to serve the market. Today, we have four locations in the US and Canada and growing. Our mission is Helping People Grow, which not only included a focus on helping our customers grow, but also our valuable team.
What you would be doing: In this role you will be leading the efforts in procurement and ultimately driving long term reduction in cost of goods while ensuring uninterrupted supply. You would be interacting internally across the organization and with the CEO on understanding forecasted sales, inventory levels and quality. You will be developing relationships with vendors while maximizing volume discounts, effectively negotiating agreements and optimizing rebates/refund programs. This role reports to the CEO. You would primarily work in Holly, with one trip per month to our Gothenburg, NE (Central NE) headquarters.
- 5+ years’ procurement experience; strongly preferred in tire industry or relatable industry where rebates/refund programs are prevalent with suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred in business administration, supply chain management, finance or relatable field.
- Natural ability to be a tough negotiator
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
What you would be doing: We are looking for a Grain Operations Manager to become a member of our experienced Grain Team. You must be self-motivated, hardworking, have good time management skills, able to make decisions and work independently. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Merchandise overall grain positions in accordance with company policy. Coordinate movement of grain, receiving, grading, loading, and storage among elevator facilities to maximize profitability and meet objectives of General Manager. Monitor the work of all employees to correct deficient performance and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Associate’s degree in an Agriculture related program
- 3 plus years of experience in grain merchandising and elevator operations
- Grain handling experience
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.