Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 2-4-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Luckey Farmers was established in 1919 and is a grain marketing and farm supply cooperative located in northwest Ohio, with facilities in Lucas, Ottawa, Sandusky, and Wood counties. We are a result of several mergers, consolidations and acquisitions that currently serves approximately 2000 members with Grain Marketing, Plant Food, Seed, Feed, General Farm Supplies, and Petroleum products. Our seed and feed lines feature Luckey Farmers very own brand of products called Gro-Mor. Our current facilities consist of seven grain locations, eight agronomy facilities, a feed manufacturing plant, seed processing facility, three cardtrol petroleum stations and four fuel delivery trucks to service farm, home and light industry.
What you would be doing: The Director of Agronomy Operations is responsible for the overall direction and leadership of all agronomy department operations, providing members and customers with prompt and effective service while maintaining efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, agronomy, farming, or agriculture related field or the equivalent thereof.
- Five or more years of operations related work.
A little about the business: We are a high volume new and used equipment dealership with over 200 short-lines with 4 locations in Southern Missouri. We also have one of the Midwest’s largest selections of used farm, lawn & garden, and recreational equipment. We pride ourselves on being a “one-stop-shop” for the larger farmer owning thousands of acres, hobby farmers owning five acres, construction crews, & commercial mowing companies alike.
What you would be doing: We’re hiring a Service Manager in Lockwood, MO to manage all service operations with a focus on high customer satisfaction. You will be leading all repair and maintenance of our agricultural equipment. Your focus will be on scheduling and prioritizing work flow, working directly with customers and coaching/managing team members to maximize performance of the department.
- Have 5+ years in service, repair, and maintenance of agriculture, farm, diesel, construction and/or heavy equipment or similar equipment along with prior management experience
- Are a strong communicator and coach implementing efficient operations and promoting a customer-first mentality amongst the team
- Enjoy a role working directly with customers and can work calmly under the pressure of the busy season
- Are a self-starter with strong time management skills
- Have the ability to work seasonal overtime and Saturdays
A little about the business: We are a family farm located in Eastern Iowa. We farm 4,500 acres of corn and soybeans and have a cow/calf herd and three hog buildings.
What you would be doing: Responsible for general duties on a 4,500-acre corn and soybean farm. Also have a 60 head cow calf herd, and finisher hog buildings. This position will not include any hog buildings chores.
Qualifications: Previous livestock and farm experience. Willing to train in specific areas as needed with a willingness to work hard and be part of a team. Must have current driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
A little about the business: Trulieve is the first and leading medical cannabis company in the state of Florida. They are a “Seed to Sale” operation with 1500 employees and growing. If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation and in our own state, Florida, you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you! Trulieve products are hand-grown and specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance, while letting nature do her work.
What you would be doing: We are seeking a Specialty Production Manager who has the skills to help set up and manage the production of specialty strains.
- A four-year degree in horticulture or related field is required; Master’s degree is a plus.
- Must have at least four (4) years of similar experience
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Successful indoor grow with at least 150 lights.
- All candidates must have 7-10 years professional, large-scale indoor grow experience. No exceptions.
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
What you would be doing: CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Internal Controls group. We are looking for an Internal Controls Director to lead the Global Internal Controls department to include managing a staff of direct and indirect reports. We are looking for an individual with excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with business leaders across the organization. The ability to identify, prioritize and execute against key initiatives is a core component of this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or other finance related degree
- 12 plus years work experience in auditing, accounting, internal controls, or related finance experience.
- Previous experience:
- Managing direct reports
- Auditing internal controls, internal audit, and/or public accounting or other work experience
- Working with a system of internal controls
- Detailed knowledge of COSO framework
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.