Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 2-25-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
What you would be doing: We are looking for an experienced General Manager to work extensively with Coop Management and a local board of directors. You must understand accounting, finance/budgeting, planning, business process controls, as well as good communication, supervisory, public relations and organizational skills to manage the total operation. You must be able to make decisions, work independently, and be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Business (additional years of Cooperative management experience may offset education)
- 5 plus years of Cooperative Management experience
A little about the business: We’re a leader in providing environmentally responsible, safe, and effective biologically-based pest control and plant nutrition products for the horticulture, and specialty agriculture markets for more than 25 years. Together, with our team of experts, our customers are enhancing conventional programs as well as developing leading edge pest control and plant health programs.
What you would be doing: The R&D Technician is responsible for safely executing company-wide research and development programs, product development, and associated activities in alignment with company strategies that result in a regular introduction of innovative and unique new products and/or services. Direct responsibilities include evaluating new products, conducting lab, greenhouse and field trials as well as executing regulatory work required for EPA and PMRA registrations. They will need to work independently to optimize current testing methods, while also adopting new testing capabilities. This includes helping the R&D group plan for and adopt new facilities or equipment to enhance the internal research capabilities of BioWorks. Members of the R&D Lab Team are also responsible for assisting with production & quality control activities as needed to support BioWorks success.
- Education – Bachelor of Science degree.
- Experience – Minimum 3 years professional experience. Experience with botany and/or plant pathology preferred.
- Complexity of Work & Decision Making – A variety of non-routine duties, not necessarily related, that require considerable judgement to work independently. Can devise new methods, adapt or change standard procedures to meet new conditions, and make decisions guided by precedent and within established policies.
A little about the business: Agtegra Cooperative is an innovative, farmer-owned grain and agronomy cooperative with more than 6,700 active member-owners in eastern North and South Dakota. In addition to offering grain and agronomy services, Agtegra offers its members aerial application services, fuel, feed, and precision ag hardware and software products and services.
What you would be doing: This position is responsible for operating and maintaining application equipment according to specifications. This location operates late model Cat floaters along with Cat and Case Sprayers that are tendered by a well-maintained trucking fleet. Agtegra offers multiple training programs for applicators to help build their knowledge base and stay current with industry standards.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Agtegra will help the right candidate acquire a CDL and an applicator’s license.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred
A little about the business: As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions as we transform the global used equipment market.
What you would be doing: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers needs an outside sales professional to serve our agricultural customers as a Territory Manager in Minnesota, covering Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin. This territory enjoys a large customer base as well as big growth potential for someone with strong skills in forging new relationships. The core of the job is to secure heavy agricultural equipment consignments and fill the auction yard with iron. To do this, you’ll work with everyone from sole proprietors and major contractors to rental companies and manufacturers.
- 5+ years in a structured outside / field sales role, and a consistent track-record of meeting / exceeding quotas.
- Background in Ag preferred
- The ability to travel 1-2 nights per week to cover the territory, as well as up to a week 5 times per year to attend auctions.
- You’ll have to maintain a valid, clean driver s license.
- It helps if you have experience around construction equipment.
A little about the business: Dole Food Company’s worldwide team of growers, packers, processors, shippers and employees is committed to consistently providing safe, high-quality fresh fruit, vegetables, and food products, while protecting the environment in which its products are grown and processed.
What you would be doing: Develops, recommends, and administers various risk management programs, including managing Dole’s global insurance programs, to maintain maximum protection of the corporation’s assets at the most economical rates. Coordinates and oversees the investigation and reporting of accidents/claims under each insurance program. Responsible for overall insurance budget and development of the related cost allocations. Works closely with department head to facilitate the renewal of an extensive insurance coverage portfolio for all divisions and operations. This position is located in Charlotte, NC.
- Knowledge of risk management and insurance coverage terms and issues
- Expertise in a variety of insurance policies including property, liability, financial professional, aviation, marine and procurement of foreign policies.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and administer departmental procedures for maximum efficiency; strong project management skills.
- Minimum 5-7 years in risk management or insurance field
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance or related field preferred
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or related professional risk management/insurance certification
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.