Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 2-24-20
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: A&J Kirby Farms, LLC of Albion, NY is a diversified, fifth generation family farming operation.
What you would be doing:
- Responsibilities include planning, goal setting, and directing orchard staff to produce high-quality apples.
- Oversee daily and seasonal production tasks for our trees: planting, pruning, trellising, training, mowing, spraying, cultivating, harvest, etc.
- Assist in directing the overall orchard operations with the specific goal of implementing strategies and practices to maximize returns of the apple crop. This entails, but is not limited to:
- Manage orchards to ensure efficient/profitable operations while also meeting certification (Global Gap) expectations for food/human safety.
- Lead the day-to-day direction and implementation of the orchard operations, including but not limited to orchard renewal, crop management, crop protection, pest management, irrigation, harvest timing and post-harvest strategies.
- Manage orchard workers ensuring that there is continued development of a training/coaching system in order to have a team of full-time and seasonal employees experienced with modern orchard practices, such as pruning, tree training, trellising, and harvesting.
- Prior production farming experience
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to implement projects under pressure.
- Computer skills.
A little about the business: Welcome to Stine Seed Company! We are the country’s largest privately-owned seed company, specializing in soybean and corn genetics, headquartered in Adel, Iowa. The Stine name has a proud history dating to the 1940s when Bill Stine began cleaning public variety of soybean seed with a portable cleaner. Since then, Stine has grown and expanded, becoming one of the most recognized and respected names in the corn and soybean industry, owning more than 800 patents.
What you would be doing:
- Learn and understand day-to-day needs and issues of assigned ISRs through regular communication and by spending a minimum of 3 days a month in the territory with the ISR.
- Develop and maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of Stine seed products and services applicable to the assigned territory
- Assist ISRs in the development and management of key prospect lists, new dealers, direct grower recruitment, and monitor their progress toward stated goals.
- Assist with development, design, planting and harvest of Yield in the Field (YIF) plots.
- Understand and implement marketing initiatives while driving key products and services in key target markets
- Communicate and implement Stine’s sales programs and policies within the assigned territory in order to meet sales goals for the district
- Three or more years of sales experience in agronomy, crop health and/or seed
- Prior success leading a sales team
- Demonstrated knowledge of proven sales techniques and an ability to coach
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work with multiple team members to meet established goals
A little about the business: MKC is a full-service farm cooperative offering a complete line of supplies and services for both farm and urban customers in 14 counties throughout Kansas. With a current membership of more than 8,300 members, MKC was founded in 1965 by the merger of three neighboring cooperatives in Moundridge, Buhler, and Groveland. Since its founding, it has grown in size and territory through mergers and acquisitions. More than 325 employees play an important role in the growth and success of MKC.
What you would be doing:
- Oversee operational functions of warehouse including but not limited to: stocking warehouse; oversee and loading of trucks as well as customer vehicles; receiving shipments; maintaining inventory; cleaning warehouse; and resolving of customer complaints in a timely manner and creating service that correlates to a positive customer experience.
- Oversee the compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies (DOT, OSHA, EPA).
- Supervise the daily activities of receiving and shipping maintaining all records supplied by your supervisor either electronic or written.
- Responsible for inventory control of chemicals at assigned location.
- Prepare and operate within budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Train employees in the operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Ability to handle logistics and inventory of incoming and outgoing shipments of agronomy products and services.
- Operational knowledge of all equipment associated with the location handling crop protection products.
- Knowledge of applicable OSHA, EPA, DOT regulations and MKC Policy & Procedures.
- Good working knowledge of chemical products.
- Planning, Coordinating and Communication skills.
- Organization and Analytical skills.
- Commercial Driver’s License (A) with Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to handle emotional customers and resolve complaints.
- Mechanical back ground with welding, cutting, and minor automotive abilities.
- A basic understanding of Crop Protection Products and the equipment associated with the delivery and storage of them.
A little about the business: With headquarters in Victor, New York, BioWorks has been a leader in providing environmentally responsible, safe, and effective biologically-based pest control and plant nutrition products for the horticulture, turf, and specialty agriculture markets for more than 20 years. Together, with our team of experts, our customers are enhancing conventional programs as well as developing leading edge pest control and plant health programs.
What you would be doing:
- Answer telephones w/in 2-rings and accurately transfers to appropriate team member, providing sufficient background information.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: copying, faxing, mailing, scanning for the benefit of all BWe team members as time allows
- Package and prepare for shipping through logistics, all outgoing office UPS/Fed Ex packages.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail daily
- Monitor and purchase office, business (letterhead, business cards) and kitchen supplies
- Perform errands that assist daily functions: post office, supplies, company sponsored meals
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates Degree with experience will be considered
- Minimum of 1 year administrative/clerical training or experience desired
- Proficient in MS Office products Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent telephone skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Dependable and highly organized
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experienced in working with sensitive employee and employer company data
A little about the business: Welcome to Alstede Farms! We are first generation family farm producing a variety of fruits, vegetables, and flowers on 600 acres. We grow local produce for our CSA, farm markets, Pick Your Own and our fully stocked farm store. We are dedicated to providing high-quality homegrown local fruits and vegetables and memorable farm experiences. This is accomplished through a highly motivated employee team that is focused on customer service and the sustainable stewardship of God’s natural resources. Join a team of out-of-the-box thinkers constantly focused on growing our operation.
What you would be doing:
- Manage and oversee daily irrigation operations, including repairs, movement and installation
- Manage cider mill operations ensuring Food Safety, mill cleanliness, quality control and bottling of 1500+ gallons/week.
- Lead packing house operations to ensure proper inventories of incoming and outgoing produce, working closely with the Farm Operations Manager, Retail Operations Manager, CSA and Tailgate Chiefs
- Manage farm production records of all spray, pesticide, application, planting, care, production, and harvesting records
- Purchase farm supplies, farm chemicals, fertilizer and lime, seeds and plants
- Focus on reduction of wasted product through better inventory controls through crop planning
- Diversified fruit and vegetable farming experience along with mechanical ability
- Interest in working within the complexity of our highly diversified retail business
- Ability to both recognize and solve problems and communicate with people, both customers and coworkers.
- Proven ability to lead a team in a fast-paced environment
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in agriculture, horticulture, crop and soil sciences or related field or have equivalent experience
- Bring farming experience fruit and/or vegetable farming experience along with mechanical ability
- Willingness to work extended hours, up to 6 days a week (60+ hours) during peak seasons
- Willingness to obtain NJ Pesticide Applicator’s License
- Computer literacy
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.