Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 2-17-20
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: The Minnesota Turkey Growers Association (MTGA) is a trade association representing the turkey farming industry in Minnesota. MTGA’s members include independent and integrated turkey growers, turkey processors, breeders, and allied members. MTGA’s mission is to enhance the success of the Minnesota turkey industry through public outreach, member engagement and strong advocacy with legislators and regulators.
What you would be doing:
- Serve as industry spokesperson and lead media contact. Manage external communications and develop relationships with key media outlets.
- Oversee the production of regular membership communications across multiple platforms and ensure the association provides a useful website and meaningful annual reports. Ensure proper and timely distribution of disease alerts and other time-sensitive information.
- Oversee the Turkey Checkoff administration and manage the research program, ensuring that diverse member expectations are met, and that research is properly prioritized and shared among members.
- Promote the turkey industry to public audiences to improve understanding and awareness of key messages.
- Supervise office staff, oversee proper submission of payroll bi-weekly, proper tracking of employee benefits, time allocations and expense reimbursement. Oversee business, health, workers comp insurance.
- Develop and manage budgets and ensure proper administration of financial obligations. Review accounting and financial statements.
- Experience working in a trade association, public policy organization, or government office
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate
- Prior organizational financial management and budget experience
- Ability to build trust among members of a diverse membership organization
- A bachelor’s degree in public policy, organizational management or communications
- An understanding of Minnesota’s agriculture industry
- High level of integrity and personal ethics
- Executive director, trade association or non-profit experience
- Experience working with the media, acting as a spokesperson and managing external messaging
- Familiarity with animal science research programs
- Event management experience
- Fundraising skills
- People management experience
- Experience with QuickBooks
A little about the business: Tri Ag Products is a leading Ag Retailer helping farmers prosper by providing Agronomic Solutions to Maximize Growers ROI. We sell and service a full suite of Yield Enhancing Products, Seed, and Crop Protection Products. Since our establishment in 1979, the core focus of Tri Ag has been the customer and providing sound agronomic advice specific to the needs of each individual farm to maximize yields. Our philosophy is to provide the optimal solution to the customer, not solutions based on industry programs.
What you would be doing:
- Manage and engage with warehouse and delivery personnel
- Maintain a positive and progressive work environment
- Ensure staff is properly trained and complies with the Asmark process
- Establish customer relationships and understand the individual customer requirements
- Coordinate, organize and execute accurate and timely customer deliveries to exceed customer expectations
- Understand and comply with the federal, state, and local regulations including but not limited to ethical practices, DOT, EPA and other regulatory requirements
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree – which could be in an agricultural related field such as agribusiness, ag business, agronomy, ag operations, agriculture
- Valid Class A CDL with HazMat endorsement
- Ag related experience, which could include time spent working in ag retail on the farm
A little about the business: Duncan Family Farms® is a multi-regional certified organic family owned farm on over 8,000 acres. Our operations are located in Arizona, California, Oregon and New York. The farm is a year-round supplier of baby leaf items, which consist of several different varieties of lettuce and greens (red and green oaks, red and green romaine, red and green leaf, lolla rosa, tango, mizuna, red chard, green chard, tatsoi, baby kale, arugula and spinach). Our products are shipped across North America, into Canada and the United Kingdom.
What you would be doing:
- Leads the team responsible for overseeing the baby leaf and vegetable harvest and ensures the coordination of the harvest and cooling capacity and yields of all varieties of baby leaf and vegetable products.
- Collaborates with other departments to identify, deploy, and leverage opportunities for continuous improvements applicable to the harvest department.
- Ensures all work meets farm’s quality standards, certified organic standards, and food safety standards.
- Ensures practices and protocols contribute towards consistent and premium quality crop which contributes towards profitability and growing of the company.
- Responsible for the Harvest Department budget. Partners with the Accounting and Finance staff to ensure reporting is provided timely and accurate.
- Works closely with the People Operations department for workforce planning and recruitment of team members to include H-2A and Farm Labor Contractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agribusiness, Finance, or relevant field of study or minimum of 10 + years of related work experience required.
- Experience leading teams and developing talent.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage customer relationships.
- Understanding of the plant life cycle.
- Advanced meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to develop and achieve goals.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively.
- Process improvement and problem-solving skills.
A little about the business: Midcontinent Livestock Supplements (MLS®) is a family owned business that has been manufacturing high performance, low-moisture cooked molasses tub supplements for well over 30 years. MLS® tub products provide controlled, consistent supplement delivery primarily to beef cattle producers, with additional product applications to nearly all species of livestock. Supplements are manufactured in Texas, Missouri and North Dakota to supply the North American market.
What you would be doing:
- Regularly schedules appointments with current customers to maintain business relationships and to explain products and services available that will grow existing customer sales opportunities.
- Works directly with all customers to effectively grow business, help resolve issues and provide technical advice that maximize customer service and expanded sales opportunities.
- Assists dealers and distributors with sales, training and technical information.
- Organizes a personal prospective customer database and shares these leads for use in company-wide sales lead database and/or CRM.
- Prepares reports showing business accomplishments by transactions, potential sales, and areas of proposed and successful customer expansion.
- Participates in account collections process by helping with customer communications on payment and/or payment schedules.
- BS in Agriculture or related degree, or 3 years of industry experience
- Three years of sales/marketing experience in the feed industry or a comparable position within the livestock industry.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and ability to accurately apply and use marketing and sales concepts.
- Knowledge of livestock market/industry trends.
- Ability to research and analyze market/industry/customers and to apply that information to manage accounts and increase sales.
- Ability to incorporate favorable terms for the company into business negotiations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and financial reports.
- Ability to effectively present information, communicate with and respond to questions and complaints from co-workers, management, and customers.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively and clearly write reports, correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional and appropriate manner and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems and ability to interpret a variety of instructions, policies and data.
- High motivation and work ethic with the ability to perform independently and exercise good judgment under the general direction of their supervisor.
A little about the business: Welcome to Wagler Dairy! We are a diverse family owned and operated dairy farm located in Central Indiana. In addition to our 1500+ cows we farm approximately 2,000 acres of alfalfa, hay, and corn. We pride ourselves on being great neighbors in the community, taking care of our land, our team, our livestock, and our crops.
What you would be doing:
- Field prepping and planning for planting corn.
- Operating equipment such as large tractors and tillage equipment.
- Lead day-to-day crop operations maximizing efficient use of labor, equipment and time.
- Coordinating with the Owner on operational tasks, labor management, crop management, planning, and day-to-day execution.
- Driving trucks to and from Dairy during the harvest of sileage, haylage, and shredlage.
- Maintain the cleanliness, organization and appearance of the farm, machinery and landowner properties.
- CDL A license or a willingness to obtain.
- Effective communication skills and willingness to work in all areas of the farm.
- Strong personal motivation along with strong moral values and a commitment to the betterment of the operation and to get the job done.
- Ability to work extended hours during the busy season.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.