Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 12-17-18
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Briggs Nursery grows over 1,000 varieties of perennials, trees and shrubs at our micropropagation laboratory and greenhouse in Elma, Washington. For over 100 years, Briggs Nursery has been committed to producing plants that are of the best quality. We ship millions of plants annually around the world and partner with hybridizers, nurseries and commercial agricultural ventures to propagate, introduce and market cultivars from all parts of the world.
What you would be doing: We are hiring a Human Resources Manager to join our team. You will play a key role in maintaining and growing the staff of the organization through recruiting, onboarding and developing. You will also manage our benefits and payroll administration. We offer competitive compensation, 401k with company match and medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 4-6+ years in human resources
- Experience with H-2A is ideal
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
A little about the business: Hunter Nutrition, Inc. is a specialized feed manufacturer located in Brookston, IN, just north of West Lafayette. We manufacture top quality texturized, pelleted, and mineral/premix feeds at our 58,000-sq. ft. plant. Unlike other feed manufacturers, Hunter Nutrition places the emphasis on quality rather than quantity. Our feeds are set formula’s, made with the best ingredients in our modern, efficient manufacturing plant. Better feed pays our customers back with improved health and livestock performance. We have a diverse group of both large and small customers, all of which came to us for high quality, better fortified feeds.
What you would be doing: The person in this position will have a varied role in both management and sales within our feed company to help grow our business. Responsibilities include assisting with office duties, general daily management, assisting with feed formula’s, and both inside and outside sales of our products. The role and responsibilities within our company will be expanded as the individual learns our industry.
- 2+ years’ experience working in an office.
- QuickBooks accounting software experience
- Microsoft Office experience with Word, Excel, Publisher, and Access
- Prior agriculture/agribusiness experience.
- A positive attitude, good work ethic, and the ability to pay careful attention to details and accuracy
A little about the business: Plevna Implement Company Inc. is a family-owned, full-line AGCO-Massey Ferguson farm equipment dealership providing superior farm-agriculture machinery sales and service support. We are headquartered just outside of Kokomo in the town of Plevna, Indiana.
What you would be doing: An experienced Parts Specialist to provide exceptional customer service in our Ag and Lawn Equipment Department for our Nappanee location. We’re looking for someone with a customer-first attitude, who demonstrates strong sales skills while maintaining a high level of detail and accuracy. In this position you will utilize and help maintain the company’s Dealer Information System. Above all, the Parts Specialist must uphold the Company’s Core Values of Service, Commitment, Integrity & Partnership.
- Associate’s Degree or the equivalent in direct industry experience.
- The ability to work independently and drive position productivity without the need for direct, constant supervision
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to coordinate between multiple parties under specific timeframes and deadlines
- A shared understanding and importance of upholding the principal Core Values of our company
A little about the business: We’re an expanding fourth generation, family owned and managed farm located in Northeast Montana in a small close-knit community. We’re very passionate about our crops and livestock and pride ourselves with a team that shares our farming passion.
What you would be doing: We’re growing and are currently looking for a Farm Hand / Ranch Hand / Equipment Operator to be located in Scoby, Montana. This position offers a wide variety of responsibilities where you will be working closely with a team operating farm equipment, maintaining equipment and general care for our livestock.
- Passionate about the agriculture industry, or have relatable skills and looking to get into farming
- A hard worker that can work independently or with others
- Someone who enjoys working outdoors and are comfortable with the longer hours especially during peak seasons
- Comfortable around heavy equipment, livestock, and are mechanically inclined
A little about the business: For 40 years we have been focused on identifying new technologies and products to enhance our specialty crop growers’ ability to stay competitive in our highly competitive integrated global markets. Our product lines include plastic mulch film, pine tomato stakes, drip irrigation, tying twine, harvesting containers and soil amendments for our fruit, vegetable and greenhouse growers. We’re passionate about being innovative leaders in the industry helping to solve problems for our growers.
What you would be doing: We’re hiring a Product Line/Business Development Manager to identify, develop and execute market strategy and channel development for our Agricultural Solutions products designed to promote overall plant health and optimize yields. You will be identifying key crop and geographic segments for our current portfolio as well as develop refine the current product offerings and expand the product line. You would be utilizing your knowledge of the industry to increase market share by working closely with key segments and strategic channel distribution.
- You have proven product line management and sales experience with fertilizer and/or soil amendments with specialty crops; preferably with high experience in driving sales of new products or new territories
- You enjoy extensive travel throughout a large territory with a target of 75% travel
- Hold a Bachelor or Associate degree preferably in agri-business, agriculture, agronomy, crop and soil sciences, plant pathology or related field
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.