Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 12-10-18
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Dole Food Company’s worldwide team of growers, packers, processors, shippers and employees is committed to consistently providing safe, high-quality fresh fruit, vegetables, and food products, while protecting the environment in which its products are grown and processed.
What you would be doing: Develops, recommends, and administers various risk management programs, including managing Dole’s global insurance programs, to maintain maximum protection of the corporation’s assets at the most economical rates. Coordinates and oversees the investigation and reporting of accidents/claims under each insurance program. Responsible for overall insurance budget and development of the related cost allocations. Works closely with department head to facilitate the renewal of an extensive insurance coverage portfolio for all divisions and operations. This position is located in Charlotte, NC.
- Minimum 5-7 years in risk management or insurance field
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance or related field preferred
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or related professional risk management/insurance certification
- Ability to travel up to 25% required.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, rotating shifts preferred/required.
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
What you would be doing: We are looking for an Operations Technician to start-up, operate, and shut down the manufacturing plant using Allen-Bradley control software from the control room including coordination with support personnel, plant operation and utilities operation. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong mechanical aptitude and be a self-starter.
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to wear required protective equipment including respirators and hearing protection.
- Able to spend long periods of time being on your feet including walking, standing and climbing steps and ladders.
- Able to use both automated and manual tools and equipment.
- Able to lift and carry materials up to 50 lbs.
A little about the business: BDi MACHINERY imports and sells specialty implements and tools to vineyards and fruit and vegetable farms. We pride ourselves on being known in the industry for carrying the newest technology and offering up-and-coming equipment designs. The focus is to make a practical fit for each machine for each customer. BDi partners with our customers to understand their operations to deliver custom spec’d machinery.
What you would be doing: We are looking to train the right candidate to be the internal operations manager. This individual will be in a variety of roles in the organization from communicating directly with farmers and allied dealerships providing technical information spare parts needs and price quotations. You will be involved with manufactures ordering domestic and international logistics and warehouse duties.
If you are someone that is mechanically inclined, has interest in promoting new farm technology this is the position for you. We are willing to train the right individual to grow in the business.
What you would be doing: As the Regional Sales Manager, you will be facilitating growth through new opportunities and existing accounts in the Traditional AG segment within your assigned territory for the company’s full line of irrigation control products. You may also be asked to contribute to the company’s efforts in the Turf & Landscape as well as Hydroponic segments. This position requires a candidate that currently resides within the territory.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Agriculture irrigation sales experience
- Ability to manage the sales process from start to finish through follow up and ownership – very important.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must be highly motivated and ambitious, customer oriented and a self-starter.
- Ability to read and interpret building plans and blueprints as it pertains to irrigation requirements a plus.
A little about the business: Innovative Ag Services Co. is a full-service farm cooperative offering a complete line of supplies and services to meet all of your farm needs. We provide value-added products and services to over 5,000 members in the grain, agronomy, feed, energy and building supply markets.
What you would be doing: Provide the leadership and management needed for growth and effective operations of the location for the benefit of IAS and its members. Recruit, hire, and train all fulltime location personnel when necessary. Supervise location operations and efficient distribution of farm supply products.
- Knowledge of and experience in agricultural sales and retail management, including areas of feed, fertilizer, and grain.
- Mechanical aptitude including basic understanding of mechanical, hydraulics, and piping systems and knowledge of various machines and tools including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.