Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 11-5-18
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Welcome to Country View Family Farms! We’re a progressive family owned company with deep roots in raising healthy pigs to make quality pork for our families and yours. Headquartered in Pennsylvania, we have operations in PA, IN, and MI. Known for being industry leaders in our practices and animal care, we live by our core values of ethics, integrity and stewardship. Country View Family Farms is a subsidiary of Clemens Food Group. Come grow with us as we continue to vastly expand our swine operations. Join a team of individuals passionate about agriculture.
What you would be doing: In this role you will be the location manager overseeing production of a 5,600-sow unit and leading up to 20 employees. Enjoy our progressive operation including electronic sow feeding (ESF), top-notch biosecurity practices, open pen gestation, along with half our herd being antibiotic free. You will report to the Sow Production Manager and will be a hands-on manager overseeing operations including employee management, performance management, compliance and safety. You will lead with a focus on efficiency, maximizing capacity and developing the team.
- You have prior livestock management.
- You have an Associate’s degree (A.A.) in Animal Sciences, Agribusiness, Livestock Production or equivalent from two-year college or a degree from an accredited technical school; or a minimum of five years related experiences and/or training.
- You are naturally analytical and can understand what the numbers are telling you. Be able to solve problems in the moment and make adjustments for future improvements.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can physically be standing on your feet a majority of the day with the ability to lift 50 lbs.
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
What you would be doing: Work with agronomists to identify crop pests, undesirable vegetation and diseases affecting the health of specific crops. Safely operate agricultural equipment and vehicles. Cover areas to specified application rates. Mix and apply pesticides, herbicides, fungicides and foliar nutrients in accordance with work orders, chemical labels and applicable laws. Review all chemical labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for each product prior to its use.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) or any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities with an emphasis on correctly calculating figures and amounts
- Commitment to excellence and high standards especially in terms of providing outstanding customer service
- Knowledge of commercial chemical application equipment and machinery and the ability to operate such in a safe manner.
- Physical ability to lift, carry, push and pull 60 pounds (minimum) weight requirements
A little about the business: Welcome to Lennard Ag! We’re a family-owned, three-generations deep commercial farm operation growing, storing and shipping high quality potatoes, tomatoes, seed corn and commercial corn throughout the year. We combine strong agricultural traditions with cutting-edge practices and advanced technology. We’ve quadrupled in size the past 8 years and have no plans to slow down.
What you would be doing: We’re hiring a Maintenance & Reliability Manager to lead all planning, quality control and execution of repair and maintenance of our equipment and fleet which consists of production line equipment, a large fleet of specialty farm equipment as well as diesel trucks. You will balance leading long-term continuous improvement projects focused on standardizing project tracking and inventory management while also managing current repairs and preventative maintenance projects. You would be leading a two full-time mechanics year-round, with an additional 5-6 mechanics (field leads that transition) with five months to work on prepping harvesters/planters for upcoming season with new bearings, shafts, webs, etc.
- Prior maintenance management in either a production manufacturing facility, farm implement dealership, construction, agriculture or relatable industry.
- A strong focus for efficiency and proven ability to develop and execute standardized practices, maintenance programs and inventory management.
- Willingness to be a hands-on manager, not behind a desk, jumping in on projects when needed.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you need to balance critical in-the-moment repairs while managing other long-term projects.
A little about the business: Agfinity is a locally owned cooperative offering a world of solutions in energy, crop and turf nutrients, animal feed, and auto and hardware centers for producers and consumers.
What you would be doing:
Functioning in a generalist capacity, this role will provide Human Resources with support, focusing primarily on recruitment functions, job description development and special HR projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field required
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in human resources
- Strong knowledge of applicable labor laws and regulations
- Knowledge of company structure and reporting relationships.
- Knowledge of differing cultures to assure appropriate support in other company initiatives
A little about the business: Do you want to work for a premier conservation agency whose mission is to “help people help the land?” For more than 83 years, the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), a part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), has worked in close partnership with farmers, ranchers, forest managers, non-governmental organizations, local and state governments, and other federal agencies to create and maintain healthy and productive working landscapes.
What you would be doing: Major Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoots circuit problems.
- Ensures the proper design of networking and routing solutions through the internal operating systems of routers.
- Improves the performance and effectiveness of the data network infrastructure.
- Coordinates the acquisition and installation of equipment and the implementation of new and upgraded data networking services.
- Monitors the cost and feasibility of data services to assure cost-beneficial data services to organizational programs.
Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and make recommendations.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.