Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 11-26-18
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers cooperative located in central and northeastern Nebraska. Established in 2003, CVA has 365 employees across our trade area that provide agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers. Advanced Cropping Systems and ProEdge Marketing are innovative programs available for producers to work with experts who can aide in GPS, Grid Sampling, and Risk Management.
What you would be doing: As a Customer Service Specialist at Central Valley Ag, you will be primarily responsible for safely and accurately weighing trucks, grading grain, performing data entry, answering phones, filing documents, providing high level customer support and for providing the customer with knowledge of our products and services.
- Has a good understanding of basic computer skills and the ability to learn how to use software quickly.
- Possesses the ability to communicate effectively in person, over the phone and via text.
- Has the ability to work with others to resolve customer complaints.
- Exhibits self-motivation, the ability to multitask and pay close attention to small details.
- Exhibits the ability to prioritize tasks and complete them in a high-pressure environment.
- Displays the ability to work in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems and to perform calculations.
- Use and understanding of fundamental accounting skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents required.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must have the ability to develop content for customer/patron and prospect correspondence.
A little about the business: CNY Feeds was started in 1990 and manufactures high quality animal feed for dairy farms around New York State. We are a bulk manufacturer of animal feed for dairy farms around Central New York. We receive 100+ different commodities and other ingredients by truck and rail to produce bulk custom feed rations shipped directly to farms.
What you would be doing: We are looking for a high-integrity, talented and hard-working individual who is able to lead from the front – taking care of the higher-level needs of running a feed mill while being present and involved in the day-to-day tasks. No job is too small. Quality, low cost and a consistent product coupled with exceptional service is what allows us to supply some of the largest and most successful dairy farms with their feed, all things which are the responsibility of the General Manager. Additionally, maintaining strong relationships with suppliers, vendors, and customers will be critical for success.
- Previous experience in agriculture or manufacturing operations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Management experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
A little about the business: We’re a family-owned, vast commercial farming operation growing grain, kidney beans, popcorn, and organic specialty crops on nearly all irrigated acres. We’ve grown our organization significantly the past several years and are continuing our growth in acres. We pride ourselves on establishing and maintaining strong partnerships with contract growers, vendors and customers. We have a leadership style that is always focused on continuous improvement and building a team of problem-solvers.
What you would be doing: As the Director of Agronomy you would be developing the crop plan, nutrient program, spray application, water timing and oversee in-field operations. Our ideal candidate has a strong agronomy knowledge and understands the fine balance of implementing best practices while understanding the cost/benefit impact of decisions. You would be working closely with the Owner and Controller being part of leadership team defining strategy, resource planning, and short/long term goals. This role is perfect for an agronomist or agronomy manager seeking to grow in their career.
- Bachelor’s in agronomy, crop and soil sciences, agriculture, agribusiness, plant pathology and/or related field
- Minimum 8+ years of agronomy experience
- Preferred experience with irrigated specialty crops
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) nice-to-have, not required
A little about the business: is a large, row-crop operation located in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. We grow corn, soybeans, and wheat across several counties in NW Ohio. We run a progressive agricultural operation that uses some of the newest precision ag technologies and practices available.
What you would be doing: Day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing precision agriculture equipment and ensuring accurate collection of data in field
- Performing light maintenance on equipment and working around the shop
- Operating farm equipment including tillage, nutrient application, tender trucks, and harvesting
- Have previous farming experience
- Willingness to work long hours during planting and harvesting
- Ability to work as a team and assist others depending on the task at hand
A little about the business: Innovative Ag Services Co. is a full-service farm cooperative offering a complete line of supplies and services to meet all of your farm needs. We provide value-added products and services to over 5,000 members in the grain, agronomy, feed, energy and building supply markets. To better serve you, our 33 locations are conveniently located throughout northeast and central Iowa and southwest Wisconsin. Innovative Ag Services was incorporated in 2005 to ensure that our customers had access to the best products and services available. Since our founding, we have grown in size and territory through multiple mergers and acquisitions and have achieved over $1 billion in annual sales. Our more than 325 dedicated employees play an important role in this growth and success.
What you would be doing: Perform feed mill operations duties and increase efficiency of operations at the IAS feed mill.
- Mechanical aptitude including basic understanding of mechanical, hydraulics, and piping systems and knowledge of various machines and tools including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form.
- Ability to organize, deal with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Possess math skills when performing basic operations.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.