Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 11-19-18
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Peterson Farms is a growing family operation located in Central Kentucky which manages over 17,000 acres and produces various agricultural products. The company is structured and positioned for successful growth today and in the future.
What you would be doing: This role combines agronomy with data management and is extremely hands on. We are looking for a detail oriented and driven person who will be responsible for scouting crops, developing recommendations for operations, assisting with data analysis.
- 2- or 4-year college degree in Ag Technology, Crop and Soil Sciences, Agriculture, or related field is required.
- 3-5 years farming, agricultural services or related experience.
- Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to research, analyze, and present data to management in a clear, organized manner.
- CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) is not a requirement but is a positive.
- Experience working with precision ag technology is preferred.
A little about the business: Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers cooperative located in central and northeastern Nebraska. Established in 2003, CVA has 365 employees across our trade area that provide agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers.
What you would be doing: This is an executive position that oversees the agronomy division for the cooperative. Focusing on adding value to our membership while adding to the overall success, growth and profitability of the cooperative. The Senior VP of Agronomy is a member of the senior leadership team contributing to the overall success of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A little about the business: Ag Partners provides products, services and market access in the areas of grain, agronomy, feed and petroleum. Formed in 1997, the company represents a joint venture between Alceco, an Iowa cooperative, and Cargill. The company’s locations include retail and wholesale agronomy outlets, grain facilities and feed mills throughout Iowa.
What you would be doing: Drives tractor trailer combination to transport and deliver feed products to customers by performing the following duties
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must have a valid CDL or willing to obtain.
- Will train!
A little about the business: Titan Pro SCI is an independent, family-owned agricultural inputs company that supplies Seed, Crop Protection, Fertilizer, and Crop Insurance to growers across the Midwest. Our mission is to deliver a proven portfolio of value-added solutions that enable growers, our farm-dealers, and Titan Pro to prosper. It takes more than any one product to keep farm land strong, healthy, and productive, that’s why we don’t just provide one single input; we provide an annual yield strategy of products and consulting. Our whole farm solution is something no other company in our industry can offer.
What you would be doing:
Titan Pro is seeking a highly motivated Regional Account Manager in SE South Dakota to facilitate achievement of the Titan Pro SCI mission, vision and sales goals through trusting, long term relationships sustained by effectively delivering dealer support throughout the sales cycle, promoting ongoing dealer sales growth and fostering regional development.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience in Agronomy, Business, Marketing/Sales required.
- Five or more years of experience practicing as an agronomist and/or other Ag related sales such as seed, fertilizer, crop protection and insurance sales.
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling methodologies and techniques, agronomy and crop production practices.
A little about the business: Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities. To learn more visit www.syngenta.com and www.goodgrowthplan.com. Follow us on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/Syngenta
What you would be doing: Candidate will be responsible for the execution of Sunflower Trait Introgression (TI) greenhouse operations. Responsibilities include ensuring compliance with all protocols metrics, KPIs, and HSE guidelines, as well as, ensuring robust data and maintenance of track and trace to deliver quality conversions to the business, on time and written specification.
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Plant Sciences, or Horticulture preferred
- Basic understanding of plant genetics and breeding is desirable
- 2+ years of relevant growing, breeding, greenhouse, or agriculture work experience
- Trait Introgression experience preferred
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.