Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 11-12-18
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Copp Farm Supply has been successfully in business for over 70 years. Our business today focuses on our growing farm supply business which includes a farm store and being an authorized chemical, seed, and equipment dealer for many manufacturers. We take great pride in being a family owned and operated company providing expertise and top-notch customer service.
What you would be doing: We’re hiring for a full-time Chemical Sales Representative to focus mostly on our chemical sales, but also to assist in other areas of seed and equipment sales. You will be a resource for our customers on product recommendations, application guidelines, rebate availability and financing. This role is mainly an inside sales role based at our Columbia City, IN location with some travel to local customers to foster good business relationships. We sell chemicals from all the major manufacturers and large chemical distributors. We do not provide application services.
- Prior agronomy sales preferable with strong chemical knowledge; an understanding of the impact our recommendations have on crop health and performance
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in agronomy, crop and soil science, entomology or related field
- Proven ability to be highly organized and detail focused
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
A little about the business: Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers’ cooperative located in central and northeastern Nebraska. Established in 2003, CVA has 365 employees across our trade area that provide agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers.
What you would be doing: As a Payroll Specialist at Central Valley Ag, you will be responsible for assisting in the coordination, evaluation, and execution of CVA’s payroll process. You will also interact with team members across the organization to research and analyze any questions or concerns and respond appropriately. The Payroll Specialist will assist payroll duties that include regular bi-weekly and off-cycle processing of payroll, bonuses, and other special payments. This position will also provide key support for the accounting department and Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Three years of payroll or general accounting experience that includes a thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, financial consolidation of multiple entries and financial statement presentation.
A little about the business: Traders Hill Farm is a sustainable food production enterprise that has been leading the aquaponics industry in quality and food safety since 2013. We produce tilapia and leafy greens to distribute to grocers, restaurants, and retailers throughout the South East United States. Traders Hill Farm is setting the standard for the way we produce food in the future. Our aim is nothing less than to inspire a generation of better farming, and a cleaner, safer way of eating.
What you would be doing: A Head Grower to lead horticulture operations at our facility in Hilliard, FL (45 minutes NW of Jacksonville). In this role, you will be working hands-on with plants daily, ensuring that they are of the highest quality and monitoring for any issues such as disease, insects, etc. You will work diligently with the operations team to maintain food safety standards. As the Head Grower, you will champion and execute research and development projects to bring innovation and new practices to our operation. If you enjoy pioneering change and are passionate about sustainable farming, Traders Hill Farm is for you.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in biology, chemistry or plant science. Master’s degree ideal
- 3 to 5 years hands-on horticulture experience, preferably in a hydroponic setting
- Previous management / supervisory experience
- Knowledge and ability to conduct accurate research trials using basic experimental design and statistical analysis
- Enjoy working with minimal supervision in an entrepreneurial/start-up environment
A little about the business: Plevna Implement Company Inc. is a family-owned, full-line AGCO-Massey Ferguson farm equipment dealership providing superior farm – agriculture machinery sales and service support. We are headquartered just outside of Kokomo in the town of Plevna, Indiana. Learn more about us at www.plevnaimplement.com.
What you would be doing:
An experienced Field Service Technician to complete in-shop and field repairs on farm machinery for our Nappanee location. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, pursues the completion of tasks efficiently and with a concern for quality.
- Technical degree in Mechanics, Diesel Technology, or the equivalent experience in servicing agricultural equipment, farming equipment, heavy equipment, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours during peak seasons
- Ability to work independently, are a dedicated self-starter and drive position productivity without the need for direct, constant supervision
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to coordinate with multiple parties to meet deadlines under specific timeframes
A little about the business: CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most; our land, our employees, and our communities. We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees’ opinions we have a strong work ethic and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful. at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed and pragmatic.
What you would be doing: Greenhouse Workers are primarily trained to harvest potato minitubers. Greenhouse Workers have the opportunity to be cross-trained in additional job functions and become experts in specific functions. Through these opportunities and in accordance with skill sets they may be promoted.
- Ability to comprehend basic English and interact with all levels of the organization
- Able to flex work schedule as needed based on seasonal demands of an agricultural operation which may include weekends as needed periodically.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.