Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 10-8-18
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
What you would be doing: The Vice President of Grain will manage the Grain Division as well as oversee and coordinate the purchase, storage, handling, and marketing of all grain transactions for the trade area. This position will optimize the market share and improve savings, increase the cooperative’s efficiency while elevating customer service.
- Degree in Agriculture related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of pricing, marketing, and contracting of grain bushels
- 5+ years of experience with the Grain Merchandising and Elevator Operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of business practices relations to farming
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing a team
- Must be a reliable communicator
- Willingness to be a part of what it takes to be successful in a timely, safe and accurate manner
- Qualified applicants will have a skill set ranging from customer focused negotiation and execution to relationship driven customer service
A little about the business: We’re a leader in providing environmentally responsible, safe, and effective biologically-based pest control and plant nutrition products for the horticulture, and specialty agriculture markets for more than 20 years. Together, with our team of experts, our customers are enhancing conventional programs as well as developing leading edge pest control and plant health programs.
What you would be doing: To develop incremental sales and sales opportunities with new and existing customers. Support BioWorks Culture, Values and Strategic Plan objectives. Consistently enhances the image of BioWorks.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, horticulture or equivalent experience in a related field preferred.
- Experience:1-5 years of inside or field-based sales experience.
A little about the business: Plevna Implement Company Inc. is a family-owned, full-line AGCO-Massey Ferguson farm equipment dealership providing superior farm-agriculture machinery sales and service support. We are headquartered just outside of Kokomo in the town of Plevna, Indiana.
What you would be doing: An experienced Parts Specialist to provide exceptional customer service in our Ag and Lawn Equipment Department for our Nappanee location. We’re looking for someone with a customer-first attitude, who demonstrates strong sales skills while maintaining a high level of detail and accuracy. In this position you will utilize and help maintain the company’s Dealer Information System. Above all, the Parts Specialist must uphold the Company’s Core Values of Service, Commitment, Integrity & Partnership.
- Associate’s Degree or the equivalent in direct industry experience.
- The ability to work independently and drive position productivity without the need for direct, constant supervision
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to coordinate between multiple parties under specific timeframes and deadlines
A little about the business: Knibb Lawn Service is a family owned and operated, St. Louis based grounds maintenance company. We offer commercial and residential services including lawn mowing, turf fertilization & renovation, landscape design & installation, mulch & garden maintenance, spring & fall cleanup, snow removal, pest management, deck & fence construction, outdoor lighting, holiday decorating, and other miscellaneous outdoor projects.
What you would be doing: A foreman is responsible for overseeing and performing daily lawn mowing and landscape installation and maintenance. This is a hands-on position, requiring active fieldwork. Knibb Lawn Service maintains ~90 residential properties each week in West County.
- A valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and a positive, can-do attitude are essential for any candidate.
- 3 years of crew management experience and industry knowledge required
- A drive to succeed and a willingness to constantly improve the company they work for.
A little about the business: Luckey Farmers was established in 1919 and is a grain marketing and farm supply cooperative located in northwest Ohio, with facilities in Lucas, Ottawa, Sandusky, and Wood counties. We are a result of several mergers, consolidations and acquisitions that currently serves approximately 2000 members with Grain Marketing, Plant Food, Seed, Feed, General Farm Supplies, and Petroleum products. Our seed and feed lines feature Luckey Farmers very own brand of products called Gro-Mor. Our current facilities consist of seven grain locations, eight agronomy facilities, a feed manufacturing plant, seed processing facility, three cardtrol petroleum stations and four fuel delivery trucks to service farm, home and light industry.
What you would be doing: Generate multiple sales and service contacts with assigned growers and members- both current and prospective. Create demand for Luckey Farmers products throughout the year. Serve as the primary point of contact for agronomic questions and concerns. Scout crop fields frequently for current and prospective customers ensuring that patrons are informed on a timely basis.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in agronomy, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Agronomy work and experience with on-farm selling.
- Proficient in all agronomy-related matters such as weed/insect identification and control, chemicals, plant nutrient/fertilizer, plant growth and any other agronomic related topic.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.