Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 10-29-18
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Do you want to work for a premier conservation agency whose mission is to “help people help the land?” For more than 83 years, the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), a part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), has worked in close partnership with farmers, ranchers, forest managers, non-governmental organizations, local and state governments, and other federal agencies to create and maintain healthy and productive working landscapes.
What you would be doing: The Supervisory Soil Scientist serves on the State Conservationist’s staff as the State Soil Scientist, providing leadership for developing, managing, and directing a comprehensive and integrated technical soil services program for the state; and serves as the state liaison with the National Cooperative Soil Survey (NCSS) cooperators.
- Soil science or a closely related discipline that included 30 semester hours or equivalent in biological, physical, or earth science, with a minimum of 15 semester hours in such subjects as soil genesis, pedology, soil chemistry, soil physics, and soil fertility.
- Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 grade level in the federal service which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
What you would be doing: The Credit Manager position is accountable for the entire credit evaluation and granting process within the company, including the application and enforcement of the company credit policy. This also includes the periodic reviews of existing customers and the assessment of the credit worthiness of potential customers. This position will play a major role in maximizing revenue and mitigating credit risk. This position will also lead our efforts in the development, promotion and administration of our producer input financing program, partnering with our operating division leadership and sales staff.
- Formal education or extensive experience with Ag credit and sales.
- Ability to compile and analyze credit and financial reports.
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements (Income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, and income tax returns).
- Ability to multitask.
A little about the business: We are a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions. We work tirelessly to help make today’s farms more productive and more profitable. As the world of agriculture changes, so do we. Brazenly. We do it for the farmers. For the people working for them. For ourselves. For the future.
What you would be doing: Candidate will be involved in the entire lifecycle of applications/programs including design, analysis, development, testing/debugging, documentation & implementation whether it is for enhancements to existing applications/interfaces or new applications/interfaces. Candidate will be responsible for providing support for project work, ongoing day-to-day operation needs (maintenance, fixes, enhancements, releases, and small change requests) and performing data analysis & root cause analysis.
- High level of knowledge in IT support processes
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to manage multiple tasks
- 7+ years of IT development/programming experience
- Associates in IT field or comparable experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Practical application ability with Microsoft Office
- Strong experience in user testing
- Detailed analytical abilities
- Easily adaptable to new technologies with little guidance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with business partners
A little about the business: Our client is a family-owned operation near the Sturgis, MI area with 50-100+ employees. They have a fleet of 40+ trucks and trailers, forklifts, production line equipment and specialty equipment. In this role you would be leading the prioritization of projects, oversight of quality, inventory and vendor relations.
What you would be doing:
- Leading a team on both preventative maintenance, mechanical repairs and equipment overhauls (no major transmission or engine work performed on-site)
- Prioritization of projects.
- Ensure quality of work performed and reducing downtime.
- Manage inventory levels and maintain a highly organized shop appearance.
- Work cross-functionally with other department managers to balance needs and prioritization of projects.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Understand the impact of costs time and materials on projects.
Qualifications: We’re looking for someone that is highly organized, proven experience leading a team and is strong mechanically either in heavy equipment or industrial/manufacturing equipment. This role does require longer hours and weekends depending on the time of the year. We have a hard-working team with a business that has had continued growth the past ten years.
A little about the business: We’re a family owned, diversified farming operation growing Bermuda sod, hay and corn in Hendrix, OK. We are located about 90 miles north of Dallas, TX on the Red River. We’re committed to providing excellent service to each and every one of our customers in the Texoma region and beyond. We run a progressive agricultural operation and looking for someone that shares the passion we have for agriculture and in doing things the right way.
What you would be doing: This role works closely with the Owners and would lead the day-to-day operations mainly focused on our sod operations, but also assisting in all other areas. This is a hands-on foreman role where you would be operating equipment, running irrigation, assisting with spraying all while leading daily direction of the team. We’re looking for someone that has strong farming experience comfortable in a role where you are operating and working alongside the team you are leading. The ideal candidate would bring strong organizational and analytical skills along with positive energy.
- Farming or Agriculture experience with irrigated acres along with mechanical ability to assist with maintenance
- Proven ability to lead a team while working alongside of them
- Ability to work extended days during peak seasons
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.