Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 10-15-18
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: JBS® USA is a leading processor of beef, pork and lamb in the U.S., a leading processor of beef in Canada and the largest cattle feeder in the world with operations in the U.S. and Canada. We are also a majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation, the second largest poultry company in the U.S., with operations in the U.S. and Mexico.
What you would be doing: Transfers eggs from incubators to hatchers. Process chicks according to schedule. Clean hatchery after processing chicks by washing and disinfecting hatcher racks, plastics and boxes. Loads eggs into incubators. Accurately completes paperwork associated with job tasks.
- Some ability to add and subtract.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds repetitively.
- Stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Work well with others.
A little about the business: As a Fortune 500 company and one of the global leaders in agricultural equipment manufacturing, we have an extensive network of over 9,200 dealers and serve more than 140 countries. We are celebrating our 25th year in business and pride ourselves on competitive relocation and employee benefit packages.
What you would be doing: The Strategic Commodity Manager will play a key part in driving the development of strategic sourcing, negotiation, contracting, and ongoing ownership of a North American commodity strategy. Additionally, the Strategic Commodity Manager will interact on a regular basis with senior management while facilitating corporate initiatives to ensure best-in-class commodity performance results for the company.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Industrial Engineering
- Masters Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering is preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of purchasing or sourcing experience
- 4+ years of experience working with suppliers located in low-cost countries
- 3+ years of purchasing or sourcing experience at an equipment OEM or at a Tier 1 supplier to an equipment OEM
- Experience utilizing the Microsoft Office suite, specifically intermediate or higher knowledge of Excel
- 2+ years of experience purchasing forgings, machined components, metal fabrications
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations.
What you would be doing: CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Enterprise Marketing Communications group. We are looking for an Associate Editor / Content Creator to develop content for farmers, ranchers, cooperative leaders, employees and other stakeholders of the CHS cooperative system for use in print publications, e-newsletters, websites, videos and other communications vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations
- 2-plus years’ experience in journalism, communication and/or content creation to include:
- News and feature writing; audiovisual, website and other digital content
- Working with copyright laws, photography, videography and design
- Using AP style and organization-specific style guides
- Ability to travel domestically up to 15%
A little about the business: Cooperative Producers, Inc. is a diverse company whose employment covers a wide variety of fields. We are always looking for qualified, passionate candidates that can help make our cooperative more successful! We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our cooperative’s policy with respect to these and other matters that there shall be no discrimination against any person because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, or disability. As openings become available we will be placing them on this site. See the listings below to find your next great opportunity!
What you would be doing: Support CPI’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values. Manages Grain and Agronomy production and distribution operations for the location in a manner that will optimize CPI’s market share and savings, improve efficiency, resulting in outstanding customer service. Ensures compliance with CPI policies, regulations, procedures, and practices including all local, state, and federal laws.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and three years related experience, or a minimum of four years or more related experience and/or training with agricultural commodities and material handling equipment.
- An Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree is a plus. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
A little about the business: Solinftec a multinational company specialized in digital agriculture. Solinftec is a Key Player on IT for Agriculture Business with several systems deployed for Sugar, Ethanol, Corn, Citrus and Soy, being the leader in automation for Sugar and Ethanol market. Solinftec develops hardware, software, mobile applications, integration with ERP legacy systems and telecommunication carriers, and solutions for digital agriculture.
What you would be doing: Field installation Engineer or Technician responsible for project implementation for the sugar-energy sector and participate in the collaborative construction of the next generation of solutions for digital agriculture. Management the supply and overseen the field deployment of Company’s System through the installation, configuration and startup of the systems. The individual will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
- Associate or undergraduate degree;
- Fields of Agronomic, Electrical, Mechatronic or similar experiences;
- 0 to 3 years of experience.
- Technical and managerial expertise and maintains a high level of credibility with customers;
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.