Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 10-1-18
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Central Ohio Farmers Co-op offers agronomy, grain, feed and supply, fuel, and propane services to our customers.
What you would be doing: Become a subject matter expert of products, services, and prices to assist in developing competitive marketing strategies. Work closely with customers and growers to recommend the proper fertilizer and crop protection products to meet each individual’s needs. Routinely conducts soil testing and maintain reports. Responsible for dry, liquid, NH3, lime and chemical inventories. Maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the cooperative and a favorable image of the cooperative. Conduct sales calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Associate’s Degree
- 1-3 years additional Agronomy/seed experience, OR Scouting/intern experience, OR Cooperative work experience, OR Agricultural background
- Extensive knowledge of agronomy
- Experience spraying chemicals
- Ability to provide cost effective services for co-op patrons
- Ability to work extended hours in-season
- Good mathematical aptitude
A little about the business: ITC Services is a hay tarp company who covers hay stacks and other agricultural commodities in all areas of Southwest Montana, with the company shop being 10 minutes west of 4 corners.
What you would be doing: Crews travel together daily from the shop to the field locations in company work trucks. Jobs are located at farm and agricultural sites across southwest Montana. Travel time is paid to and from job locations.
- No experience needed.
- Training is provided on the job.
- Strong work ethic.
- Punctual and reliable attendance.
- Ability and willingness to work long work days during harvest season (June through September).
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced outdoor environment.
- Flexibility to handle all duties assigned including frequently lifting 75+ pounds unassisted.
- Comfortable with heights and ladders.
A little about the business: Plevna Implement Company Inc. is a family-owned, full-line AGCO-Massey Ferguson farm equipment dealership providing superior farm – agriculture machinery sales and service support. We are headquartered just outside of Kokomo in the town of Plevna, Indiana.
What you would be doing: complete in-shop and field repairs on farm machinery for our Nappanee location. Perform and pursue diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on farm machinery. Work directly with customers in order to communicate repairs made, share available products and services to meet their needs, and provide instruction on Ag equipment and technology. Pre-deliver/set-up newly retailed farm machinery as suggested in each service sales requisition and or direction from the Service Manager.
- Technical degree in Mechanics, Diesel Technology, or the equivalent experience in servicing agricultural equipment, farming equipment, heavy equipment, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours during peak seasons
- Ability to work independently, are a dedicated self-starter and drive position productivity without the need for direct, constant supervision
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to coordinate with multiple parties to meet deadlines under specific timeframes
A little about the business: We’re a progressive family owned company with deep roots in raising healthy pigs to make quality pork for our families and yours. Headquartered in Pennsylvania, we have operations in PA, IN, and MI. Known for being industry leaders in our practices and animal care, we live by our core values of ethics, integrity and stewardship. Country View Family Farms is a subsidiary of Clemens Food Group. Come grow with us as we continue to vastly expand our swine operations. Join a team of individuals passionate about agriculture.
What you would be doing: In this role you will be the location manager overseeing production of a 5,600-sow unit and leading up to 20 employees. Enjoy our progressive operation including electronic sow feeding (ESF), top-notch biosecurity practices, open pen gestation, along with half our herd being antibiotic free. You will report to the Sow Production Manager and will be a hands-on manager overseeing operations including employee management, performance management, compliance and safety. You will lead with a focus on efficiency, maximizing capacity and developing the team.
- You have prior livestock management; prior swine management preferred, but open to other livestock backgrounds such as dairy, heifer management and/or poultry.
- You have an Associate’s degree (A.A.) in Animal Sciences, Agribusiness, Livestock Production or equivalent from two-year college or a degree from an accredited technical school; or a minimum of five years related experiences and/or training.
- You are naturally analytical and can understand what the numbers are telling you. Be able to solve problems in the moment and make adjustments for future improvements.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can physically be standing on your feet a majority of the day with the ability to lift 50 lbs.
A little about the business: Schaefer Farms is located in Hancock, MN. We are a family owned and operated large commercial farm with diverse crops including kidney beans, sugar beets, carrots and corn located in western Minnesota and South Dakota, as well as partners in a bean processing plant offering services to neighboring farms. We pride ourselves on running a progressive farm operation that focuses on quality. Join this amazing work environment and team made up of forward-thinking, driven individuals.
What you would be doing: As a Farm and Diesel Mechanic you will be troubleshooting and repairing a fleet of 100+ including tractors, heavy equipment, trucks, trailers, farm implements, harvesters, irrigation pivots and pick-ups. You will enjoy a wide variety of maintenance projects. We have a top-notch shop to work in with the right equipment including a service truck with crane and equipment to do engine overhauls when necessary.
- Have a solid background in either agriculture equipment maintenance, diesel repair and or strongly relatable experience in construction or military.
- Pride yourself on being a self-starter and being able to prioritize projects.
- You can handle larger projects and are forward-thinking on what parts and equipment will be needed ahead of time.
- Preferably have light fabrication/welding experience, low & high voltage electrical knowledge, and strong diesel and hydraulic experience.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.