Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 1-7-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: We are a family-owned, wholesale greenhouse grower in Swanton, OH. We’ve been serving our customers with high quality annual flowers for over 80 years. We have a passion for what we do and a passion or providing work to our local community.
What you would be doing: You will be working under the direction of the Head Grower to perform all growing tasks necessary to produce and maintain plants that consistently meet our quality standards in a designated area of crops. You will be performing all growing aspects including watering, spray application, IPM and fertilization all the while keeping accurate records.
- You have prior horticulture, greenhouse growing experience
- You are comfortable and flexible in working the longer hours during peak seasons and weekends.
- You thrive on managing the details and would be meticulous about your care of our flowers.
A little about the business: We at Go Green Agriculture have been game changers since 2009. We are a high-tech controlled environment organic farming operation. Our mission is to set up greenhouse farms across the country to grow safe, premium quality, organic produce at conventional pricing by using technology to reduce cost. We dream big and work hard, focusing on excellence, innovation, creativity, hard work and discipline.
What you would be doing: You will be working in a world-class facility with the latest technology in packaging automation, robotics and greenhouse equipment. Your main responsibility is to ensure the production process flows smoothly, at specified speeds and to create and implement a maintenance plan for the entire facility. This is a fully hands-on job with all equipment and facilities. If you enjoy solving problems and working with cutting-edge technology this is the role for you.
- Minimum 5-years of experience with automation setup, maintenance and optimization
- Well-rounded in plumbing, high/low volt electrical, pneumatic and mechanical trades
- Must be able to work with complex automation including setup, maintenance, repairs, trouble shooting, calibrating and fine tuning
- Must have prior facility maintenance experience with general building upkeep
- Must be able to operate forklifts and electric carts
- Must be skilled with power tools
A little about the business: Through scientifically developed technologies backed by years of research, TerraMax creates and produces innovative natural products that enhance productivity and benefit producers, consumers and the environment. TerraMax offers microbial solutions for row crop production, turf growers and turf managers.
What you would be doing: The Sales Representative will be responsible for representing TerraMax to new and existing customers and distributors in a defined geography. You will be tasked with identifying new sales markets, growing existing sales, cultivating and building strong relationships while driving the execution of defined sales targets.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong agricultural knowledge
- 2 or more years of experience in sales
- Ability to travel with a clean driving record and valid driver’s license (up to 50% travel within territory)
A little about the business: Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers’ cooperative located in central and northeastern Nebraska. Established in 2003, CVA has 365 employees across our trade area that provide agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers.
What you would be doing: As an Accounts Payable Specialist at Central Valley Ag, under limited supervision, you will work with the general ledger, perform account analysis, reconciliations, process full cycle of accounts payable and maintain organization of accounts payable system (including accounting software, database tracking and vendor files).
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in accounts payable or accounts receivable required.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner and establish effective working relationships with internal operations and external customers.
- Must be able to multi-task and establish priorities to consistently meet internal and external deadlines.
A little about the business: Oasis Farms is a third-generation, diversified farming operation located in Prosser, WA. We pride ourselves on growing quality hops, blueberries, apples, wine grapes and juice grapes. We’ve been continually growing our operation while remaining consistent on growing quality crops.
What you would be doing: In this role you will be the horticulturalist for the farm as well as a coach to the Crew Leaders in best growing and production practices for each crop. You will be focused on efficient operations while ensuring proper pruning, growing and harvesting practices. You will be focused on plant health and maximizing yield while understanding the cost/benefit impact of decisions. This role will report to the Operations Manager and will be a key role within the organization. Join a fast-paced environment that offers autonomy for a highly-driven individual.
- 3 years of management experience in a farm setting.
- A Bachelor’s in Horticulture, Agriculture, Small fruits, or relevant degree.
- 5+ years of working in the agricultural industry with broad horticulture knowledge; highly preferred experience in growing apples, blueberries, grapes and/or similar crops
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team in a production farm setting and are a solid communicator
- Know how to prioritize and identify production challenges and the skills to implement remedies
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.