Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 1-28-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Woodley Aerial Spray is an aerial application business based out of Walnut, IL, providing our service throughout the Midwest since 1998. With our fleet of 17 fixed wing ag aircraft, we provide our services, done with the utmost care and precision, which we have learned through decades of experience in the industry. The Woodley team values our customers and thrives on providing a service to ensure their crop’s health year after year.
What you would be doing: Woodley Aerial Spray is looking for a Business Development Associate to be based out of your own home office in Illinois, Indiana or Iowa with travel throughout your territory. You will be the front line for marketing and selling our services in the designated territory. We are looking for an individual who thrives on working with customers, developing relationships and providing top-notch customer service. You will gather data and learn trends within the industry to strengthen Woodley’s business strategy. If you are competitive, results driven, and love agriculture / farming, the Business Development Associate is right for you.
- A valid driver’s license and the flexibility to travel throughout your territory.
- The desire to work with people and provide excellent customer service
- Enjoy working in agriculture and sales.
A little about the business: CD Acres is a diversified, family-owned farming operation located in Steele, ND. Our livestock operation consists of a 1,500 cow/calf herd and 2,000 head feedlot with over 12,000 acres of pasture and hayland. We also are growing over 20,000 acres of high-quality corn, soybeans, cereals and specialty crops. We pride ourselves on being a progressive, professionally run farming operation.
What you would be doing: You will be overseeing the daily operations of feeding, herd health, calving and grazing operations. You will be focused on proper treatment and care, breeding as well as movement of cattle.
- Education: No specific education required. Animal Science degree a plus.
- Interpersonal skills: Work effectively in a staff support position with owner, and managers. Possess ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations behaviors.
- Licenses/Certificates: Valid ND Driver’s License; CDL license not required but a plus.
- Familiarity with agriculture: Must have knowledge and experience with livestock enterprises
- Experience: 2-3 years of actual experience working with livestock.
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
What you would be doing: CHS is looking for an Outside Sales Specialist for our Cenex branded products. You must be able to make decisions, work independently, and in a team environment. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- 2-4 years outside sales experience to include: presentations, utilizing persuasive negotiation skills, customer service, conflict resolution, and working independently
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
A little about the business: Trulieve is the first and leading medical cannabis company in the state of Florida. They are a “Seed to Sale” operation with 1500 employees and growing. If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation and in our own state, Florida, you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you! Trulieve products are hand-grown and specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance, while letting nature do her work.
What you would be doing: Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant to the CEO provides executive, administrative, and development support and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Five to ten years providing support for upper-level management.
A little about the business: We are dedicated to connecting top talent with employers in the agriculture and food production industry. Our clients are located across the U.S. and Canada and range from small organizations to Fortune 500. We provide our clients a wide range of services including full service recruiting, candidate sourcing services and job advertising packages. We’re working hard to promote the agriculture industry, its culture, and showcasing what we have to offer in today’s ag job market. Our clients love our differentiated approach to recruiting and our passion for the industry.
What you would be doing: You will be working in all areas of marketing including social media, content writing, campaigns and more. You will gain invaluable hands-on experience and marketing techniques working with a fast-growing company. You would be working 15-20 hours per week depending on your college schedule. We can be flexible to accommodate changing schedules each semester. Our office is open from 8am – 5pm and we would be looking for you to work your hours during office hours.
- Working towards a degree in marketing, sales, and/or related field preferably with 2+ years of college completed
- Strong writing skills and desire to write articles
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.