Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 1-27-20
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Welcome to Farm Bureau Financial Services agent Jason High. We are the largest ag insurance agency in Newton, KS which is about 30 minutes north of Wichita. Our goal is to build trusted, lasting relationships with our members while keeping insurance simple. Our vision is to be the most trusted insurance in the state. Our team is comprised of 8 members who are each licensed in their area of focus.
What you would be doing:
- First point of contact for all farm, commercial ag, and commercial clients and prospects.
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather relevant information to accurately respond to inquiries
- Contact customers to verify, gather and deliver information.
- Prepare, present and process quotes and changes on existing farm, commercial and crop policies.
- Prepare and deliver new business quotes and process new business issuance for farm, commercial and crop policies.
- Serve as liaison between underwriting and client.
- Property & Casualty License or willing to obtain licensing before starting.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
- Exceptional phone and customer service skills – positive, persistent and upbeat attitude with ability to develop a rapport with customers is a necessity.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, overcome objections and follow through to completion with clients’ needs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and written (with ability to communicate effectively regarding complex and difficult situations).
- Ability to develop new and manage existing systems and processes.
- Proficiency with computers and internet usage including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
A little about the business: Kenn-Feld Group, LLC is a John Deere Dealer Group with eight locations throughout Northwest Ohio and Northeast Indiana. We support our customers equipment whether they are in agriculture, construction, professional landscaping, or maintaining their own property.
What you would be doing:
- Performs complex on-site diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products in a Kenn-Feld facility, a customer’s facility, or in the field.
- Participates in required Service Training programs
- Supports customer clinics
- Reviews and explains any maintenance, repair, or other service concerns directly with the customer and documents on work order
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of mobile service vehicle, inventory, tools and equipment
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to perform complex repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Expert knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Valid driver’s license required
A little about the business: Everglades Farm Equipment a family-owned business that started in 1963 serving the agricultural industry around Lake Okeechobee and have grown to 12 locations covering South and Central Florida. We serve a wide range of customers from some of the largest agricultural producers of sugar, citrus and vegetables to individual farmers, nurseries, and commercial landscape management companies as well as large and small property owners.
What you would be doing:
- Look up and ordering of Parts for John Deere equipment using JDPOINT ordering system & PMPRO catalog system.
- Look up and ordering of Parts for Other Vendors using their website catalogs.
- Sells & orders parts required to fill customer needs using PFW business system.
- Promotes and sells products and/or services to meet customer needs.
- Follows up on shortages and expedites issues by reporting to the manager.
- Assists in maintaining all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order.
- Basic data entry/keyboarding skills.
- Basic machinery knowledge.
- Required to have 20 credits per year of John Deere training as well as training requested by their Parts Manager.
- Ability to use the JD Pathways /John Deere Parts Catalog computer application and Vendor Websites for parts look up and ordering.
- Ability to learn PFW business system for invoicing, receipting and ordering parts for customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 75 lbs.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Forklift license required.
A little about the business: Welcome to Stine Seed Company! We are the country’s largest privately-owned seed company, specializing in soybean and corn genetics, headquartered in Adel, Iowa. The Stine name has a proud history dating to the 1940s when Bill Stine began cleaning public variety of soybean seed with a portable cleaner. Since then, Stine has grown and expanded, becoming one of the most recognized and respected names in the corn and soybean industry, owning more than 800 patents.
What you would be doing:
- Serve as primary ambassador of the Stine brand within the assigned territory
- Develop and maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of Stine seed products and services applicable to the assigned territory
- Proactively seek new and profitable grower accounts to drive business growth; continually develop relationships within your community
- Understand and implement marketing initiatives while driving key products and services in key target markets
- Communicate and implement Stine’s sales programs and policies within the assigned territory in order to meet sales goals for the district
- Work in conjunction with the Stine Regional Sales Agronomist to provide a high level of sales support within the assigned territory
- Three or more years of sales experience
- Prior success in relationship sales with a longer sales cycle
- Demonstrated knowledge of proven sales techniques, as well as excellent negotiating skills and the ability to overcome obstacles.
- Self-starter who can develop daily and weekly goals with little direction
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with growers by understanding their needs and values and achieve desired results
A little about the business: BioWorks Inc. With headquarters in Victor, New York, BioWorks has been a leader in providing environmentally responsible, safe, and effective biologically-based pest control and plant nutrition products for the horticulture, turf, and specialty agriculture markets for more than 20 years. Together, with our team of experts, our customers are enhancing conventional programs as well as developing leading edge pest control and plant health programs.
What you would be doing:
- Actively participates in promoting, supporting and enhancing our company Core Purpose, Core Values and Company Culture
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with customers, collaborators, vendors, co-workers and management
- Fully embraces Great Game of Business (“GGOB”), Scaling Up and all strategies and activities related to financial transparency and information sharing, including timely updates to revenue (if applicable), expenses, and cash goals
- Working safely and following all safety rules
- Coach and mentor warehouse employees by driving objective setting
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Associate degree with 5 years’ experience is acceptable
- Minimum of 5 years of warehouse Management experience
- Ability to work well with people (customers internal and external, along with the sales team)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sets positive, compelling goals and aggressive schedules for improvement. Translates the vision/mission of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Translates over-arching business goals into specific objectives for each member of the team. Holds people accountable for agreed-to results. Identifies and keeps others focused on the most important metrics that drive the business.
- Motivates others to pursue common objectives with excitement about the future. Radiates enthusiasm for goals and infects others with a shared optimism and excitement. Conveys a genuine belief to succeed despite the toughest obstacles.
- Builds and sustains excellent relationships at all levels both internally and externally. Uses relationship networks to strategically accomplish objectives. Communicates excitement about the business and motivates others to pursue common objectives.
- Communicates passion, energy, intensity, and excitement. Is highly articulate and makes arguments in a compelling matter and comes to the point.
- Has a high capacity for work and shows passion, energy, endurance, and intensity.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, 10 lbs. repetitively.
- Ability to safely drive forklift & warehouse equipment.
- Stamina/endurance to perform physical functions of job throughout the day.
- May require flexibility in scheduling to satisfy customers.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.