Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 1-21-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
What you would be doing: Responsible for ensuring that the Processing department meets company goals and standards on quality, yield, productivity, cost and safety. Collaborate with R&D and the Accounting Department to obtain analytical data to identify sound saving costs and implement yield and KPI tracking program. Responsible for the professional development and training of Line Supervisors and hourly employees, working with the guidelines of the company policies.
- Must possess a B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Management or equivalent work force experience of five to ten (5-10) years in the food processing industry
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Must exhibit good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must have strong statistical aptitude and mathematical background to perform calculations on yield, productivity, time cards, reports, etc.
A little about the business: More than 40 years ago, Zinpro Corporation pioneered the research and development of organic trace minerals to improve animal wellness and performance. As a family-owned, privately-held company, our steady growth has come as a result of quality products, quality people and a focus on one thing: trace mineral nutrition. Today, the company has regional sales offices located in eight countries and markets its products in more than 70 countries worldwide.
What you would be doing: Primary responsibilities for this position include market evaluation, product positioning and direct sales to all segments of the Pet food, treat and companion animal supplement sectors. An understanding of consumer needs, market demands and regulatory constraints (AAFCO) is preferred.
- a minimum of a B.S. degree in Agriculture or Business and 5+ years of Pet food industry experience, and 3+ years in account management.
- the ability to work closely with the Zinpro marketing team in design, development and distribution of relevant companion animal marketing materials and tools.
- nutritional competence, as this individual will work closely with PhD nutritionists and consultants in the industry; expertise in trace mineral nutrition is preferred.
- knowledge and experience in Pet food formulation, manufacturing and processing preferred.
- the ability to travel extensively, including attendance at pet-related conferences and shows that could include weekends.
A little about the business: Rich-Ro Dairy is a large, progressive, multi-site dairy and 7,000+ acre operation that is family-owned and operated located in the St. Johns, MI just north of Lansing. We have about 50 full time employees and milk 24 hours a day. We also plant and harvest all our own forages and apply manure to our fields. We are passionate about agriculture, dedicated to the care of our animals and value the relationships we have with our employees.
What you would be doing: We’re hiring a full-time, year-round Farm Operator position on our farm focused on our crop/forage operation and facility maintenance. In this role you will be performing a variety of tasks on the farm depending on the season. You will be operating equipment and performing light maintenance on our forage equipment as well as operating our manure dragline systems. You will also be assisting on dairy facility and equipment repair.
- Strong mechanical knowledge with prior maintenance and repair of either farm equipment, industrial equipment and/or heavy equipment.
- Flexibility to assist in multiple areas of the farm and ability to work longer hours during peak season.
- Positive attitude and commitment to grow in your knowledge and experience working with our equipment.
- The ability to work well with others on the team.
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
What you would be doing: The purpose of the CFO is to partner with the management team to increase profitability and the long-term ability of the Co-op to service customers. The CFO must rely upon strong business and financial management experience in grain and agronomy, and knowledge of ERP and linked software programs to succeed in this position.
- Well experienced in handling financial analysis of multiple locations and divisions.
- A minimum of 10+ years of accounting experience in financial accounting focusing in agricultural industry segments, controller, CFO and CPA backgrounds are helpful.
- Strong experience in accounting software with ability to train others if needed.
- Good understanding of the cooperative business model including patronage and serving patron-owners.
A little about the business: CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities. We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees’ opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
What you would be doing: This position is responsible for: overseeing spraying crew, providing precision ag support where needed, assisting with field trials, lab analysis and quality control. Versatility and organization will be of the utmost importance in this role to assist agronomists and lab personnel in fulfilling their duties.
- Minimum of 2 years farming experience
- Strong math, reading, and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and communicate well
- Ability to manage a wide variety of people and work in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite and have the ability to learn farm data management systems
- Ability to obtain Private Pesticide Applicators License for the state of Texas
- Able to work in a variety of environments
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.